Cruz Says Wife Is ‘Pretty Pissed’ Her Cancún Group Texts Got Leaked

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) reported on Tuesday morning that his wife, Heidi, is less than thrilled that at least two people in her group chat leaked her tone-deaf texts about the Cruz family’s Cancún vacation in the middle of Texas’ snowstorm crisis last week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1361576
1 Like

If I were her, I’d be pretty pissed I was married to Ted Cruz

51 Likes

Their friends are better people than they are.

43 Likes

Gee, wonder why your neighbors are willing to leak. It’s “rude” of them to have political viewpoints that don’t align with yours?

Like you say, “don’t be an asshole”, then you won’t have “friends” in the group chat eager to “out” you to the NYT.

72 Likes

Ted’s concerns for Texans are, most assuredly, on his mind as well…

25 Likes

So he’s going to defend Heidi over this? How quaint.

24 Likes

Mrs. Cruz must be looking for a new book club as we speak…

13 Likes

“Here’s a suggestion: Just don’t be assholes,” he said. “Just, you know, treat each other as human beings. Have some degree, some modicum of respect.”

That is advice he and Heidi would be wise to follow.

47 Likes

The level of blinkered tribalism allowing for “REAL Uhmericans” to turn a sniveling toad like Cancún Cruz into paragons of manliness and virtue because they hate the same people and institutions as you will never cease to amaze me. If I were his neighbor I’d take a dump on his front steps at this point.

15 Likes

#CruzCucked

4 Likes

You earned that humble, Frigid Karen.

3 Likes

I have the saddest of trombones and tiniest of violins to offer up Heidi Cruz.

20 Likes

What the HELL is wrong with these people? Is it just him running his mouth or is she all in too?

4 Likes

He’s telling others not to be assholes? Good lord. And I thought Ivanka had no self-awareness.

49 Likes

PLOT TWIST: Heidi both sent and leaked the texts so that she’d have a few ted-free days in Cancun.

62 Likes

“We’ve got a number of Republicans who are neighbors but we’ve also got a number of Democrats with folks on our street who put up Beto signs, which I thought was a little rude,” Cruz said, referring to his 2018 Democratic challenger, Beto O’Rourke.

Yeah, why the hell Democrats think political speech is covered by the 1st Amendment is a puzzle. In hindsight they should have sought Heidi’s permission to display support for Beto. Would have been the good neighbor thing to do.

24 Likes

Wouldn’t you if you were her?

11 Likes

What an inconvenience! Poor little rich girl finds out some of her friends hate her.

14 Likes

Does it really surprise the unlikable, ugly wife of possibly the most despised man in America, that her “friends” secretly hate her?

4 Likes

Ted Cruz just can’t shut up … I am sure that he has several people telling him to STFU - seriously just go radio silent - just stop being a total shit for a couple of weeks and this will drop from a frothing boil down to a dumb stunt … and the attention will focus on someone else …
BUT NOOOOOO! Ted just has to keep opening his mouth and saying crap designed to irritate people

He does know that this comment comes across like …

19 Likes