Cruz Retreats To Fox News To Offer A Little Contrition For Cancun Trip | Talking Points Memo

It doesn’t seem like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is prepared to formally apologize for a decision to depart to Cancun while his state fought through the cold without electricity amid the state’s power crisis.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1360999
1 Like

Too late, Raffy.

Resign, now…

9 Likes
10 Likes

Dear God, thanks for that solid you did for us with Limbaugh. Would it be too much to ask you to sort out this Hannity matter?

10 Likes

14 Likes

What goes round comes around!

31 Likes

Two pompous assholes.

4 Likes

Former Obama communications staffers Jon Favreau and Dan Pfeiffer were talking about this in a podcast, and Favreau simply said, with deep incredulity, "Ted Cruz, what were you thinking?" It’s really all you can say. We’re at a point where pretending to care about simple human decency, the rule of law, human interdependence, fun stuff like that, at this point even pretending to care about such things is just more trouble than many of our nominal leaders in the GOP are willing to go to. They realize afterward maybe they should have, or don’t. It’s like sociopathy is the big new thing among the cool kids.

14 Likes

Give him a month and he’ll be fine. He’s everything the majority of Texans want and they don’t give a shit about that trip to Mexico.

Don’t mess with Texas. Don’t need to. They’re perfectly capable of fucking themselves over without any help for the rest of us.

10 Likes

Check back later. Cruz’s wife already has ordered an emergency generator for their house. It will kick in automatically when the power fails, and of course they will invite their neighbors to stay with them during the next outage.

5 Likes

I’m surprised they don’t already have one. Generacs are standard fare now on homes in the South’s weather hazard areas

2 Likes

Not surprising that his house is not equipped with a generator, given that Cruz thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room everywhere he goes. And so, he knows absolutely nothing about what he doesn’t know. And, given that people can see that he already knows everything, no-one is going to try to tell him anything. And so, he learns nothing, which is one reason why he’s a failure as a leader… at home and in the Senate.

4 Likes

Ted ran for the Senate for the power, not to help people.

17 Likes

I counted nine stories on the TPM front page about Cruz. Nine. I didn’t read this one but came here to make this comment. Biden did a lot of things yesterday. I only know that from going to other “news” sources.

7 Likes

It’s the asshole effect. When someone shows their ass, it’s really difficult to look away.

6 Likes

Did any of them involve scandals? Because muckraking is literally in the mission statement of TPM.

10 Likes

It may have been an oversight, but geneators require fuel. Mine runs on natural gas, which is provided by the local gas utility (also used for heating, hot water and cooking). In the absence of NG, propane can be used, but that requires a large storage tank on site. In NE propane is generally available, I don’t know if that’s the case in TX.

If he had a generator fueled by NG, it might not have been of any use, since the NG infrastructure sees to be in failure mode there.

3 Likes

Cruz heads to Fox to have his ego recharged?? Oh, the humanity!!!

4 Likes

I have a dedicated 500 gallon propane tank, just for my whole house generator. Couldn’t image life without it living way out in the country.

2 Likes

To paraphrase Samuel Johnson:

"FoxNews is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

(…and traitors, too!)

4 Likes