Cruise Ship Passengers Finally Start Disembarking In Florida | Talking Points Memo

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Heinlein 1966

4 Likes

There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch. And that includes the all you can eat shrimp on Coronacruise.

4 Likes
4 Likes

It’s coming, Thunderclap.

And well deserved…

3 Likes

Connect is the Florida government’s “program” that administers unemployment benefits . It was constructed by the GOP House and Senate here and signed into law by Rick Scott. It was never tested until now and what a mess. Calling it Byzantine is being kind. But to make things worse now that it’s out in the open its clear it was constructed not to work, to make getting benefits near impossible and therefore keep unemployment numbers falsely low. Scott was doing the Trump thing. Only caring for himself.

The GOP as a lot of people say here “is very unpopular except at election time” and now folks are figuring things out. Should be no surprise they rigged Scott into the Senate and DeSantis into the Gov’s mansion given what what drown here in 2000. I doubt either were actually elected. But that gig is up. Even GOP’ers here, at least those with a rational sense of self preservation, are admitting Scot and the GOP scammed Florida good and left us with our asses out in the wind.

9 Likes

CONnect

1 Like

Seems so and it seems EVERYONE now knows.

1 Like

Ahhh… thanks!

I sure hope FL can figure it out, because they’ve been voting themselves into the toilet for a long while now. :frowning:

5 Likes

Killing me with the Peggy Lee, bro…:clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

The next thing for Americans to do is to stop tuning in to his oh-so-thinly disguised campaign rallies.
Then, networks who really prioritize economic incentives can stop carrying them.

4 Likes

My favorite song by my favorite pop artist of all time.

2 Likes

Just read about this. Hope he gets all the blame appropriate for the GOP rubes that made this mess.

2 Likes

I’m the case of the Grand Princess and Diamond Princess, all passengers were quarantined for 14 days and cared for if they became ill. If the states wanted their passengers home, arrangements were made to get them home.

Not so much with these folks. Just toss them on a plane and buh-bye.

4 Likes

They are also an environmental disaster.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available