Crowd Erupts As Harris Vows To A ‘Peaceful Transfer Of Power’ And Other Highlights

Kamala and the other speakers have actual family, with actual love and real relationships, The contrast is stark.

27 Likes

Facts are stubborn things, and speaking the truth is enlightening.

9 Likes

Here is a CNBC analysis of what would happen if Trump starts to cash out his 59% holding of the Truth Social (DJT symbol) stock as early as September 20.

How much money Trump can make is a pure supply-and-demand issue. If he tries to dump too much stock, the oversupply will depress the price. As an insider he is also legally required to report within two days any stock sales. He may try to conceal those sales for longer than two days, but it’s hard to foresee that any substantial sales by him will go unnoticed after looking at the daily trade volume numbers. If Trump sells a substantial portion of his stock, then this could lead to other stock holders panic selling their stock.

In my view the DJT stock price is simply a proxy for how confident investors are that Trump will win the election. If Trump loses DJT stock will be worthless. Who will care about the social media platform of a loser? Trump selling a large amount of his stock will be a signal that he himself is losing confidence in his victory and wants to walk away with a few hundred million dollars at least.

23 Likes

His MO, like any normal 4-year-old, is instant gratification.

12 Likes

15 Likes

To the extent that he may remain on the ballot in some places, (and he may, I’m not certain about all the deadlines), he’ll continue to syphon votes, and, moreover, RFK Jr. voters were looking for an alternative to Trump. They may just stay home.

15 Likes

“It doesn’t matter how many people show up at Trump’s Arizona rally. Kamala Harris didn’t have to work so hard to get them there.”

You have to think like a stable genius. Dump CF Vance and tap RFK Jr for VP. RFK’s approval numbers (-6.2) are way better the CF’s (-10.5) and are actually better than Trump’s (-9.8) and RFK has killed a bear which will appeal to the sportsmen.

10 Likes

No one knows more about not being respected by tyrants. No one!

12 Likes

I just saw this photo in Joyce Vance’s Civil Discourse newsletter. Love the sign…

34 Likes

Yep I noticed that during the balloon drop - at the RNC trump/vance’s immediate families lined up on the stage and barely talked to the person next to them. At the DNC Harris/Walz’s extended family members flooded the stage and it was like a cocktail party with people moving around and talking to everyone.

27 Likes

On Tuesday, it was good to hear Barack Obama revive his “Fired up–ready to go” line from his first campaign. After hearing Harris last night, that mood describes me as well. What a powerful, deeply-felt, and well-delivered speech that was.

17 Likes

IMG_3716

10 Likes

I doubt Harris will get any Haley voters. They’re registered Republicans who just wanted someone les chaotic than Trump. Haley’s policies were not much different from Trump’s, especially on abortion. I think the best we can hope for with Haley’s voters is that their distaste for Trump means they sit out the election.

12 Likes

Certainly, enough to make some MAGA vote-counters nervous in some states.

6 Likes

When Josh posted that Trump called into Fox News, he was hyperventilating and it was “glorious,” I laughed so much that it was hard to get to sleep. I sure was happy when I finally did though. What a speech. There was a roar of approval across the country and, may I dare say, across the world.

16 Likes

I really like the idea that his creditors will immediately lay claim to the proceeds.

8 Likes

Oh, he’s gonna have to cash out to pay for all the people he’s gonna have to bus into his Arizona rally today.

7 Likes

The Harris-Walz camapign has put Trump on the defensive, something that no one else has been able to do. More important, they’re not afraid of him, like so many others have been, including the media! They have been frozen in their tracks and weakened.

21 Likes

Definitely braindead…

2 Likes

29 Likes