CPAC Scrambles To Clean Up Deleted Tweet Whitewashing Russia’s Ukraine Annexation

Now the guys in that clip were said to be in Omsk, in southwestern Siberia, just north of Kazakstan. It’s roughly parallel to Belarus, but no idea what the climate is like. I’ll bet it’s not balmy enough at night to want to sleep out under the stars without even a damn sleeping bag.

3 Likes

Mystical multidimensional-opening sling ring looks a lot like brass knuckles…just saying.

2 Likes

Perhaps to make being dropped off at the front with rotten rations and crapped out equipment something to look forward to… poor bastards

Omsk 10 day forecast

1 Like

Heckuva job, Pootie.

2 Likes

Apparently he was, since all the modern Republicans worship Putin.

4 Likes

And fellow travelers.

2 Likes

The thing that should scare the crap out of Russia is our MICC* has enough funding to actually produce the weapons while also funding vast corruption. That’s why nations need a prosperous middle class cash cow to cough up the tax Dollars. * The extra C is for Congressional.

2 Likes

I guess CPAC’s version of aid to Ukraine is “thoughts and prayers.”

3 Likes

Are our memories so short? The NRA was a HUGE funnel of Russian* money into GOP coffers. Does anyone think that’s stopped?

ETA: * Don’t confuse Russian gov’t money with Russian mob/oligarch money. There’s plenty of the latter to go around, still.

2 Likes

Proselytizing American fascism far and wide?

1 Like

CPAC had better rejoin the union or we’ll sic Ukrainians on them  : - )

4 Likes

They seem to have a knack for dealing with authoritarians, that’s for god-damn sure. :skull:

3 Likes

Exactly right about Americans and American history.

About the Germans and WW2 and the holocaust, things are much much better but still have been seriously problematic for decades. I highly recommend

The author notes:
“Reckonings seeks to explore the disjuncture between official myths about dealing with the past, on the one hand, and the extent to which the vast majority of Nazi perpetrators evaded justice, on the other.”

Then, there are the Brits and their history of vileness with their empire. They are every but as bad – if not worse – than the Americans in not facing up to their own disgusting history. On that score, I highly recommend:

ETA
Mary Fulbrook provides an important and authoritative corrective to weird apologists like Peter Hayes and his book “Why? Explaining the Holocaust”.

2 Likes

Thanks for these suggestions Dominic. I’m going to request Reckonings from the library tomorrow.

3 Likes

Make no mistake about it. They may call themselves CPAC but in reality they are…

CCCPAC

There’s more than that; not all shitty people support Trump… :sad:

2 Likes

Bear ridin half-naked he-man in charge?

1 Like

When the charges against Chump are brought, things will change…yes, this is tangential to CPAC, but nonetheless true.

The folks “in a field” are in Omsk, more than 3000km from the front lines. Omsk is in Siberia. This is their gathering point for mobilization it looks like. The Russians do not have a mobilization infrastructure in Omsk, a city of 1.5 million people? Or is the money for such infrastructure being pocket by kleptocrats at the top of Russian society?

1 Like

It’s an excellent question. Apparently they all have enough money to fly to Australia and chat about how crappy the US is? Weird stuff in the extreme. I imagine they’re sitting around complaining about all the people in the US who can’t ever visit Australia from the US because poor?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available