Coverup Complete: Trump Commutes Roger Stone’s Prison Sentence | Talking Points Memo

I don’t know about that. I did hear you don’t have to acknowledge guilt, is all I know. And of course he goes free in both cases.

5 Likes

One more Obstruction of Justice.

68 Likes

Fuck both of these guys (Trump and Stone) and fuck anyone who supports them. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU ARE VILE HUMAN BEINGS!

How do you “frame” someone into lying to Congress?

23 Likes

Bigly.

5 Likes

Free to ignominy which for Stone is worse than death.

3 Likes

He probably already has a deal with OAN.

19 Likes

I think Biden DOJ should give Stone a choice: testify truthfully about Trump’s conspiracy with Russia or go to jail for perjury.

25 Likes

He does seem to crave attention, and like his friend, it doesn’t have to be good attention.

20 Likes

71,787 new COVID-19 cases in USA on Friday, a new all-time high.

How to distraction, amirite Donnie 2 Scoops?

19 Likes

When Trump realizes he can’t win the election, he will be forced to return every favor he’s ever received to avoid jail. There will be pardons.

13 Likes

I’m sure they will stand up. To applaud.

6 Likes

I am not a lawyer but I think the distinction is as follows:
Pardon: you must acknowledge your guilt to be pardoned but the pardon wipes out the conviction in a crime and all of the consequences of that conviction.
Commutation: you don’t have to acknowledge your guilt, your sentence is vacated or reduced but the conviction remains on record.

1 Like

Roger, old boy, for a guy who probably recently shit himself with relief, you look just a tad apprehensive yet.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, trump* in his lizard brain is only doing this at this moment to be cruel to everyone who wanted to see Rog go to jail. It’s about all he’s got left.

18 Likes

Roger Stone goes free the day after Michael Cohen gets hauled back to prison after refusing to sign an agreement that he wouldn’t say anything publicly or publish a book. Not that I care about Cohen, but this is the Trump/Barr justice system.

48 Likes

There were apparently quite a few folks in Trump’s inner circle telling him not to do this and I’ll wager that not only will this be part of the next Lincoln Project video and there will be plenty of folks in Justice gunning for him. Assuming things in November go as we all hope, I doubt Stone will make it past Biden’s first 100 days before landing in another criminal court case and do some real time.

42 Likes

Is this not a corrupt exercise of Trump’s authority and thus a high crime and misdemeanor? Re-impeach him.

17 Likes

And these were felonies? And as a registered voter in FL he can’t vote?

5 Likes

I realize you need to have a pic of Stone for the article, but, man, I’m sick of of seeing that fucker doing the Nixon pose.

31 Likes
43 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available