Court Reveals Details In DOJ Probe Of Rep. Scott Perry - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Federal prosecutors obtained more than 130,000 email messages in a Jan. 6-related investigation that appears to be focusing on Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA), newly released court filings show. In particular, prosecutors were focused on Perry’s communications with three lawyers – two of them officials at the Justice Department – who took part in efforts to try to use DOJ to help reverse the outcome of the 2020 election, according to the filing.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1442407
1 Like

Yeah! Pennsylvania is REPRESENTIN’! PA in da house!

17 Likes

Show no mercy to anyone who attempted to overthrow an honest election. Even less mercy to those who took an oath to serve and protect the US Constitution and behind the scenes attempted to reverse the election. This is why the Republican Party is dead and needs to be replaced. And just where are the “Moderate Republicans”? My answer - they no longer exist.

Just look at and read the texts. And all this Nation hears is silence from the center to the right. The sound is simply deafening.

51 Likes

Not sure that this shows us much of anything, other than further confirmation that DOJ is actively investigating the fake electors/state legislatures part of the attempted coup.

45 Likes

DOJ needs to get these emails into the hands of the intrepid reporters at TPM-- stat!

30 Likes

bUt mIlQuEtOaSt mErRiCk !!!1!!!one!!!

(Or something)

30 Likes

Oh what a tangled web we weave……

4 Likes

This all sounds like it’s time for the intervention of a Special Master. Oh Clarence…

8 Likes

Well, the SOMETHING is that he never tells me anything about what he’s doing. He hasn’t called me once; not once. Are his fingers broken?

19 Likes

Elections matter

36 Likes

My advice to all of them is to start negotiating your plea deals NOW, before TFG is indicted. Testify against him, and MAYBE you’ll do only a year or so at the Pensacola Naval Air Station, grooming the golf course. Sure, you may lose your law license for a few years, but there will always be Wingnut Welfare once you’re out.

44 Likes

Though I did, this is an issue that American conservatives have to solve.

7 Likes

He must have lost our phone numbers, because he hasn’t called me either!. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Jeffrey Clark was writing an autobiography.

Stunning.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

34 Likes

Testify against him. I am shocked. These are upstanding righteous Men (and Women) who will stand by the courage of their convictions and never rat on their leader DJT…

Just messing with you. They will dime the Orange POS out in a heartbeat.

A Patel spokesman said: “Mr. Patel categorically denies reaching any immunity ‘deal’ with the government. Rather, his testimony was compelled over his objection through the only legal means available to the government – a grant of limited immunity.”

16 Likes

I’m glad I was not on the team reviewing these 130,000 emails. These deplorables are deplorable writers, and I deplore the fact that I have gone temporarily blind reading all these Meadows texts. It’s worse than grading exams I tell you.

19 Likes

Rep. Scott Perry may be going through some things soon.

Of course, not enough for McCarthey (or whoever gets the Speakership) and other Republicans to do anything with regard to his status in the House.

21 Likes

Well he was going to be AG during an unprecedented historical event. No procrastinator he!

5 Likes

I nominate TPM for Joy Reid’s segment “who won the week”. Great job everyone.

31 Likes

Does anyone take this personally? I have since Jan 6 th so these morons decided my vote shouldn’t count MY VOTE Seriously you racist anti women Thugs I read all the BS in every Jan 6 hearing but what exactly what were they planning to do with my vote and every Democratic Party vote these Natzi trump antisemite apes

21 Likes