Court Doc: FBI Investigating Whether Capitol Rioter Tried To Sell Pelosi Laptop To Russia | Talking Points Memo

New Yorker shows them doing it with their phones while saying Cruz wanted it and would be happy.

2 Likes

I think she’s used it since then.

It’s who we are and many of us wish we weren’t.

3 Likes

No one has said whether it was a classified or unclassified computer. In my experience with the DOE/NNSA, it must be one or the other. My bet is that if it was able to contain classified or link to a classified network, it would have gone into a safe at the first sign of trouble.

2 Likes

Anybody make the same connection?

(and eventually What Did We Learn?)
1 Like

Typically on classified systems, USB ports that aren’t being used for keyboard and mouse are disabled. When someone unplugs a keyboard or mouse to plug in that USB drive will have it logged, an email sent to sysadmins, and the port gets disabled until someone clears it. There was a hack years ago, before I left the IC that involved those that I’ve got a story about that I can’t discuss here. Even in the unclas world that I live in now, we’re instructed that any / all USB drives aren’t to be used (although I have one that I’m allowed to use for imaging some special purpose devices, that I have permission to have).

3 Likes

The Speaker was in the chamber when shit broke down, and I’m not sure whether any staff were able to get back to her office to secure documents / devices. I’m sure the people that need to know that, do. I’ve read that they did get their hands on burn bags though, so I’m inclined to think that they didn’t.

ETA: also (might be scuttlebutt) read that the laptop was classified SECRET.

2 Likes

Actually we did, but during WW1.

4 Likes

I heard about it in school, but learned considerably more about it years later from a friend who was sent to one as a kid.

3 Likes

@lizzymom

And, it is also said that, when the student is ready, a teacher will appear.

How’s your head feeling Cervantes? My doc has told me (post concussion syndrome) that when something hurts my head, STOP!. Wise doctor.

2 Likes

Yeah that person would certainly be the one to tell the story.

1 Like

Same with me. I have a friend who went from his home in California into an internment camp (Heart Mountain Relocation Center in Wyoming), with his family when he was 4 months old, along with 13,997 other Japanese persons. His father was arrested when he came home from studying for his priesthood in Kyoto, and the family was immediately detained. The family got released when my friend was 4 years old. There is a memorable phrase that the Japanese use for “how do we ever deal with this?” It is “Shikata ga nai.” from Wiki:

Shikata ga nai (仕方がない), pronounced [ɕi̥kata ɡa naꜜi], is a Japanese language phrase meaning “it cannot be helped” or “nothing can be done about it”. Shō ga nai (しょうがない), pronounced [ɕoː ɡa naꜜi] is an alternative.

But, like my friend says: “shit happens.” A truly wonderful person.

6 Likes

And vice versa?

2 Likes

Sorry for your hard times. “Since when did Russians become a Republican thing?” - David Cay Johnston

1 Like

No way was that ever postulated, ever! Teachers are everywhere, mostly ready. Students generally are never ready…

4 Likes

I guess I would have to add, we were also at War with Italy… Don’t forget about them. They really were not interned either, just like the German Americans. Because, they were considered the “Pillars of Industry.”

See my post up thread - Italian Americans were harassed and sometimes taken in custody.

3 Likes

Saw it:

During World War II, the U.S. Saw Italian-Americans as a Threat to Homeland…

Also before the war.

Some were anarchists, like Sacco and Vanzetti, for example.

2 Likes

From the appearance and vocabulary of many of these dolts, I would not be surprised to find out that a doorstop is exactly what it is being used for.

I hope that the FBI, CIA and NSA are all watching that guy. He is bad to the core. And he is all in on Q.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available