Couple Who Waived Guns At BLM Protesters Must Give Up Their Guns | Talking Points Memo

Used to be judges would slap your ass right back behind bars if you did that.

2 Likes

All you can eat Crow.

2 Likes

Funny thing…I’m one of the Originals…but this was a bit much to let go

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen there’s some question about that, in part because the asswipes-in-arms are also in a conflict with their gated community about what’s common area and what isn’t. They (iirc) claimed a bunch of extra adjacent land and threatened to bury the homeowners’ association in lawsuits. But I don’t know whether that was resolved.

There’s also the question of whether the protestors were trespassing at all – there’s a gate, but it’s apparently typically left open and used on a frequent basis.

3 Likes

That’s not the way it works for the chronically sub-rich.

1 Like

There is more to this than I realized. I don’t think these radicalized Second Amendment extremists who are personal injury lawyers, by the way, would have pleaded guilty, much less give up their weapons, if they were simply waving their guns. I understand that even terrorists don’t have to give up their guns or military materiel under current law. The Republican Party propaganda networks, NRA and the Skanky Groper would have jumped to their defense aggressively.

Their sentence required them to give up the two guns they brandished at protestors, but I’m seeing no mention of surrendering their other (one assumes) guns or a prohibition against future ownership. Is Missouri law that batshit that a person ordered to surrender a gun can just go out and buy another one?

3 Likes

The McCloskeys live in one of the few gated communities within the City of St. Louis. So there are controls as to who can drive on the streets, which the McCloskeys claim they are private. There are gates, and there’s controversy if the protesters broke the gate or as @paulw states the gate was left open.
There is this small triangular piece of land between the gate, street, sidewalk, and the McCloskey’s property. And yes the McCloskeys have threatened to sue the home owners’ association over this small piece of land claiming it’s part of their property instead of being owned by the home owner’s association.
They connived to get the house, though it was run down and they restored it, but in the end if they had wanted a quieter existence they shouldn’t have bought a house that backs up to a synagogue, that faces a private street, but one of the busiest streets in St Louis City runs along the side of their house. And yes there’s a wall but sidewalks inside the private section, public sidewalks along side the wall, and a gate in between.

3 Likes

Which would break her wrist if that fat scuzzy bitch ever tried to fire it.

Just like Derek Chauvin.

Didn’t the McCloskey’s also destroy the synagogue’s beehives and threaten to sue the synagogue if they didn’t clean up the mess that McCloskey made?

they know that we all know that no houses or families were “destroyed” in their neighborhood, right? no matter how many times they say otherwise, it’s still the case that no homes or families were destroyed.

2 Likes

These right wingers had better be careful waving their guns around. Liberals own guns too and we also know how to use them.

Yes, bastard. If that congregation had any really good Jew lawyers they would have sued Mark with interfering with a religious rite. (super-duper snark)

The Temple has a school, and the bee hives were so the kids could learn about bees and honey. And one of their religious observances has honey playing a part in the celebration.

And after Mark went over there and destroyed the bee hives which weren’t on his property, he threatened to sue them if they didn’t clean up the mess he created. What an asshole.

7 Likes

It depends whether they’re God fearing Republicans or Satan worshipping Democrats

1 Like

If I’m reading that right, they have to surrender the guns they waved at people. They get to keep their other guns, or buy more. I have to say, as deterrents go, there are few more impressive than that.

3 Likes

These poor, conservative, rich, baby boomers (I didn’t have to write white, because…you know). Can’t you see? They’re the real victims here. Do we really need an America where you can’t point military style weapons at young people who frighten you?

2 Likes

Ah…a diaper holster.

And when THAT baby is loaded!!!

“…at mostly Black nonviolent protesters”. Were they mostly black or mostly nonviolent?

Inconceivable.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available