County Explains PA Ballot Mistake That Sparked MAGA Freakout

We’re in total agreement on this point. Barr is underwater in terms of the trouble he’ll be dealing with once Joe is POTUS.

2 Likes

I’d like to know how often the County Elections Director sorts through the dumpster. Is it regularly scheduled, or does she wait until she feels hunger pangs to rummage for left overs?

There’s more to this story, for sure.

3 Likes

So this happened in a Republican county. That pretty much explains why it happened (if it happened), why the DOJ is involved and why the person supposedly responsible has vanished. The obvious corruption, incompetence and John Baron/Miller propaganda aspects stand out like a sore thumb.

It’s also another example of how little Trump cares about our troops that he’d pull this dirty trick on them instead of his Top 1% contributors.

1 Like

Well he won’t be AG obviously, but going by Biden’s history, there will be no retribution, no charges, no jail time.

That they took it upon themselves without notifying anyone else at all is a big clue.

2 Likes

None with Sinclair, but 2 in a Nexstar duopoly - one of the big 3 local station mid market owners using political influence. https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2018/12/company-that-owns-your-local-news-might-also-influence-federal-politics/ Note that Wilkes Barre is NEXT DOOR to a certain Scranton, PA. Who might want to plant this story near Scranton? https://www.stationindex.com/tv/markets/wilkes+barre-scranton

3 Likes

How deliciously ironic.

2 Likes

The false flag option. We are 5+ weeks in front of voting day. Somehow there are 9 military mail votes into a rethug county before the Penn court throws the Greens (?) off the ballot? I’m siting on my deck now. Somewhere in the olfactory radius a skunk has popped a bubble. Waddaya think?

ETA. Will will we find out the contractor was a business student at PSU? Not a Chance. It will remain mistery .

a temporary seasonal contractor had “incorrectly discarded” the Uniformed Military and Overseas Voters Act (UMOVA) ballots into the trash.

Ha, contractor my butt! This was obviously an employee of the Official and Very Real (Not Fake) Worldwide Antifa Corporation, Inc. And there’s no doubt he was acting on direct orders from Antifa Worldwide’s CEO, President, and Chairman of the Board, George Soros.

Hell, for all we know, it was Soros himself who flushed these ballots (tens of thousands!) from President Trump’s military men. After all, sometimes Soros gets bored with just directing his employees to do sick burns on MAGA and decides to get in on the action himself.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a photo of the envelopes, side by side.

Maybe @mattinpa can help

1 Like

Just got a notice from the state department of state that the ballots are ready to go out. Should have it within two weeks. Glad to enlighten when it comes. I’m listed to get mail ballots for the duration of the covid fun.

3 Likes

Reminds me of when I worked in a restaurant long ago.

It was an old building, high ceiling, loose windows, cold in the winter. The batch cook arrived early in the morning, before everyone else, and had developed the habit of turning one of the stove’s gas burners on “high” to warm the place up a little bit. One day, one of the owners came in early, saw this, and told the cook not to do it.

A few days later, the owner again came in early and noticed that the kitchen scale’s plastic face plate was missing. (The scale sat on the stove.) The cook didn’t know why it was missing, didn’t know where it was. The owner went through the trash. At the bottom of the trash, inside a empty heavy-duty bean bag, he found a melted plastic face plate.

Except those ballots were thrown out in accordance with a court ruling that the Republicans fought for.

emphasis mine:

Philadelphia’s top elections official is warning of electoral chaos in the presidential battleground state if lawmakers there do not remove a provision in Pennsylvania law that, under a days-old court decision, requires counties to throw out mail-in ballots returned without secrecy envelopes.

OH SNAP

__

ETA: @hollisbang already went there, post no. 55

2 Likes

“Hooray for the private sector!”
Continuously they hector.
“They’re better,” they say,
“And require less pay.”
“Beep, beep” goes the lie detector.

2 Likes

Not to forget, the ballots were not opened. The republican us attorney disclosed the ballot content which to me indicates the rethuglican us attorney opened them and accurately communicated the votes or lied, thinking this a good opportunity to get some gold stars from his bosses.

2 Likes

They can forklift Trumpvote stacked pallets,
They can throw away all naked ballots,
In spite of all they have boasted,
Their pork is well roasted,
And should be served with sour grapes and chopped shallots.

1 Like

But, but, if the ballots were “naked”, they can be tossed, right? If the ballots were in their privacy sleeves, then how would anyone know who the ballots were for? The other two apparently were in the privacy envelope, and the reporting indicates that nobody knows who those ballots were for.

Ah, but there is a corollary to Hanlon’s Razor, Grey’s Law:

Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

3 Likes

Then there is incompetence AND intentional malice.

1 Like

From a propaganda POV it’s being used just like the Reichstag Fire was. To arouse irrational fears in whomever might listen and buy in, which is plenty in MAGA country…

That it’s being used so conveniently in this way says to me it was planned. The grossly misleading “press releases” where we first heard about it really screams that for me. Not just an opportunity, a created one… it stinks of Roger Stone-styled ‘dirty trickery’.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available