Cotton Dismisses Ukraine Conspiracy Criticism | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) dismissed the criticism President Trump’s lawyers received for floating Ukraine conspiracy theories during the Senate impeachment trial as a “Democratic talking point” in an interview on CBS Sunday morning.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1287001
1 Like

You cannot awaken a man who only pretends to be asleep.

31 Likes

If a person is at a crossroads, that person can either act like Elliot Richardson or act like Cotton.

Who is aptly named.

12 Likes

I guess that little Tommy Cotton is now all in the Skanky’s Putin Whore’s turd-filled Putin’s dickholster ass after the impeached criminal made the Bomb Iran, Bomb Iran conservative wet dream for the second coming of Jesus in the Middle East come true.

2 Likes

The good news here is that there will a record of this if Cotton ever tries to go for the WH.

21 Likes

When “talking points” are true, it tends to lend them some validity.

13 Likes

He is a worm. Correction, worms have a function in the ecosystem. He is a tick . I have no idea what good they provide this earth, just like sen cotton.

14 Likes

Who sent the Cotton man out today to make up defenses for Trump? I believe the boll weevils done ate his brain long ago.

25 Likes

I wonder about that.

Two story-worthy dumb remarks.

Drew straws?

5 Likes

I don’t know but there has to be some kind of planning involved. I don’t believe Tom just woke up today and decided to put on a suit and go lie on TV.

16 Likes

hits pause

“It’s the Democratic talking point that the President and his lawyers have argued that it was Ukraine who interfered in our elections, not Russia,” Cotton said. “You can read the President’s brief. They make it very clear that, yes, you can accept that Russia interfered in a systematic, organized top-down fashion in our election.”

hits play

6 Likes

He’s willing to defend Trump

3 Likes

If Cotton wishes to come out and say “The reason I am acting so stupidly is because I have it on good assurance that Trump will cheat for the GOP Senate enough to maintain its Majority”

I would be happy to hear it.

Would save a lot of needless words. Cause that is the only reason I can imagine that Cotton is such a stupid interview today… that Cotton would be speaking and acting so contrary to what is polled to be desired by the American People, people who will vote this November:

(1) A Real Trial
(2) Real Witnesses, evidence and testimony

7 Likes

“Cotton man?”

More like Cottonmouth.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Festering scrotum pustule says whut?

3 Likes

Yeah I think that’s probably the criteria.

3 Likes

Please Arkansas save us from this mentally and ethically challenged watste of senate space at your earliest opportunity

1 Like

Wish I’d said it! You’re so right.

You can look at it and say that Cotton is a sniveling sycophant and a boorish moron. Both of these things can be true.

5 Likes