Cotton Announces He Won’t Convict Trump In Senate Impeachment Trial

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR), a likely contender for the next presidential election in 2024, announced on Wednesday night that he would not vote to convict President Donald Trump in what will be Trump’s second Senate impeachment trial.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354597
1 Like

He won’t vote to hold a fellow insurrectionist responsible. Cotton may make public statements condemning the attacks of 1/6 - but had the attacks succeeded he’d have been on board. He like nearly every professional gooper, will always place the cult over the country

23 Likes

Quelle surprise! :yawning_face:

23 Likes

Now that our coup failed, and it looks like maybe there will be some accountability, can’t we all just get along?

13 Likes

“I won’t vote to convict, but I will take the oath to administer impartial justice.”

20 Likes

Hey Tom, you lost the coup. If we find your fingerprints anywhere, you’ll be facing seditious conspiracy charges. That will impact your campaign.

5 Likes

Declares trump not guilty before the trial because reasons.

27 Likes

If he wants to win the GOP primary he can’t alienate the sedition constituency.

9 Likes

It always amuses me how these nimrods think anyone cares about their careful justifications around the finer points of the law. Your spine is made of cotton. End o’ story.

5 Likes

Tom Cotton: Pure weevil

29 Likes

Doesn’t he want to hear/see the evidence and make a decision afterward???

17 Likes

Waddle on out in your barrels and suspenders, Ted amd Josh… New shooter at the table!! roll them bones!

1 Like

Charges, felons and crimes are multiplying like rabbits over the 6 January Invasion. The situation worsens by the hour as new facts emerge from this attack.

And Einstein here announces he will not convict, before properly assessing this growing tsunami of evidence

19 Likes

Because if there is one group you want on your side, it’s the group that smears feces on the walls of the Capital building.

19 Likes

I’m worried about Claremont’s wunderkind. Any HR department knows that an employee on his way out the door is a potential threat to the firm, his or her coworkers and themselves if they are unhappy about getting terminated. The likelihood of committing an impeachable act actually increases with the delta decay as the end approaches. The fact that the loser Trump pulled his insurrection at a constitutionally defined moment is entirely foreseeable and does nothing to mitigate the harm of the impeachable act. Clyburn even thinks that the Senate trial could be comfortably scheduled into early summer after other pressing fires like the pandemic and treasury gutting are dealt with. Something like a third of Americans are currently struggling.

11 Likes

No boll.

2 Likes

Another baby successfully split with the knife of cognitive dissonance.

9 Likes

Real Americans don’t need to put the horse in front of the cart.

9 Likes

Hahaha . Tommy is a boll shitter.
ETA
That deaf dumb and blind Senator sure plays a mean pin boll.

6 Likes

That’s a funny way of saying, “ I wanna be President and I need Trumps voters”?

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available