Convicted GOPer Tried To Legislate Himself Out Of Prison | Talking Points Memo

Hungry kids in China wish they has this site’s commenting capabilities.

9 Likes

While I agree that the video should have been included for consideration, I’m also not sold that that’s proof of intent.

For example, I’ve previously posted:

Do we consider that to be proof of prior intent, or just shit-talking?

Lots of people say lots of things that they likely wouldn’t do, and his actions on the evening where every person he shot was actively engaging him doesn’t suggest some great master plan to go on a shooting spree of looters.

2 Likes

Justice isn’t blind in America. Sadly, Kalief was so traumatized by the ordeal, that he took his own life soon after.

31 Likes

Um—I’d have edited this out.

5 Likes

But now reality sets in for Biden.

8 Likes

Fair point. This one is probably proof of prior intent if they ever give me the keys:

1 Like

Stories about the trips where DT profited from his protection are completely justified.

3 Likes

You better pray nobody ever starts to worry you actually mean all that stuff. :smile:

7 Likes

Hey, I’m talking about the fully-legal use of military force.

Shuffles off to form 2024 PAC

7 Likes

You flatter him unnecessarily.
There is zero evidence that Posobiec is actually a person.

10 Likes

See I would give you a pass since you didn’t use the word “brah” in your musing.

4 Likes

I would put it this way. I wouldn’t say he intended to shoot people in the way that a mass murderer does, climbing into a steeple and firing at a crowd.

I maintain that he went to the protest with intent to shoot people if the right circumstances arose, which by his definition was dealing with “looters.” And he was going to do his damnedest to instigate that, by walking the streets with a gun prominently displayed, waving it around (according to some reports) and being confrontational with the protesters.

There were a lot of “patriots” with guns on the street that night. Why do you think Kyle was the only one who was chased?

15 Likes

Look at his face. We failed him.
Come on, America, we can do better. Don’t let the racists win.

5 Likes

Incest.

2 Likes

I’m guessing that you didn’t go out and commit any gun related offense after you made that comment. To me, KR’s statement about shooting looters supports the claim that he went to the protest looking for trouble and demonstrates that he was completely unqualified to deal with the consequences of taking a firearm to a volatile situation.

If a cop had tweeted that before a controversial shooting, I’d expect it to be introduced into evidence. KR was acting like a self styled cop.

8 Likes

Because he was the idiot who left all his buddies and wandered off alone.

Pretty much a suicide mission, had he thought through things, which is why I’m much more on the side of simple stupidity, with devastating consequences.

Just look at him. Does he really seem like he’s bright enough to think through all the steps of “oh, I’m gonna get myself in enough danger so I have an excuse to shoot people”? Look at his reaction after killing rosenbaum. Absolute shock and standing there going what-the-fuck-did-I-just-do, followed by high-tailing it out of there in a panic.

That’s not some evil genius, that’s a really fucking stupid kid.

14 Likes

Chuck Todd Isn’t The RNC Chairman. He Just Plays One On TV | Crooks and Liars
MSNBC host Chuck Todd asserted on Tuesday that the Democrats are governing as lame ducks less than one year into President Joe Biden’s first term.

11 Likes

I’d rather watch Gosar listen to a cell door slam shut for his part in the insurrection.

8 Likes

That’s a fair point - I do think that Rittenhouse wanted to pull the trigger and wanted it to be a justified shooting. If the opportunity presented himself, he’d imagined himself doing what he ultimately did - though my guess is that in his head it was much more like a video game.

It’s an inversion of suicide by cop - justified killing of criminal. Either way, the person forces the situation to result in the shooting they want to happen.

8 Likes

100% agree. If the gun nuts would stop blowing smoke up everyone’s asses and at least throw in a comment here and there about responsible gun ownership and use (like the NRA used to do), KR probably wouldn’t be in court right now.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available