Colorado Election Deniers Had A Bad GOP Primary Night

In CO-03 (Boebert’s district) Aspen businessman and city council member Adam Frisch won the Dem primary. A lot of Dems crossed over to vote for Boebert’s primary opponent, but that effort to oust her was unsuccessful. Frisch was my preferred Dem candidate, and I think he’s got a shot in November.

6 Likes

In the Cedar Park, TX city council races in May of the 3 (4?) open races voters overwhelmingly rejected the Red Hat crowd in favor of incumbents (and I think one new member) who go about making government boring again.

Encouraging signs.

8 Likes

There was a 3 way race in CO 3 to see who would challenge to unseat the state embarrassment. Colorado has an open primary, so an independent can vote in either primary. A Lot of Dems switched to Independent so they could vote in the statewide R primary, some as Ratf#$king, but more as sanity preservation ( See Hanks and Peters). Qbert was the only one of the crazies to survive. The fact that she was challenged at all is out of the norm of District 3 R protocol. There’s 40,000 votes for Coram that can fairly easily be interpreted as Not Boebert. Plus the chances of Qbert doing something ever more outrageous and alienating are 100%.
For instance

7 Likes

Seems to me Ms. Peters would have had a hard time doing the job from a cell.

1 Like

The odds favor at least one conviction.

Peters, a Republican candidate for Colorado secretary of state, faces seven felony charges and four misdemeanors stemming from allegations she violated security protocols last summer in an attempt to prove unfounded claims that the 2020 election was stolen from former President Donald Trump.

The charges include three felony counts of attempting to influence a public servant, one felony count of criminal impersonation and one felony identity theft charge, and two felony conspiracy charges. She’s also been charged with first degree official misconduct, violation of duty and failing to comply with an order issued by the Colorado Secretary of State, all misdemeanors.

4 Likes

Be still my beating heart!

4 Likes

Pro tip: Better for your heart to keep beating than to be still. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, doesn’t it just give you such a rosy warm glow of Schadenfreude inside?

1 Like

“Separation of church and state” exists to protect the free exercise of worship from the power of the state. Not the other way round, as those goobers seem to believe.

3 Likes

I just now realized we can call her Q-bert.

2 Likes

Did I see a frowny face in that photo?

1 Like

Boebart is so fucking stupid she doesn’t know she’s stupid.

4 Likes

That doesn’t keep her from loudly and enthusiastically proving it every chance there is a microphone within 50 ft.

2 Likes

Perhaps there is a God after all.

2 Likes

Likewise, I’d rather have a bottle in front of me, than to have to have a frontal lobotomy.

I live in CO CD 5

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available