Collins Takes McConnell Line On Impeachment Trial | Talking Points Memo

WASHINGTON — Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) would not say on Monday whether she supported sending a subpoena to former National Security Advisor John Bolton in the upcoming impeachment trial of President Trump.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1283001
1 Like

Wait — she didn’t say she was “concerned”?

Collins is worthless.

26 Likes

Screw her.

Donate to her Democratic opponent soon and often.

30 Likes

“I believe that the Senate should follow the precedent that was established in the trial of President Clinton,

In the trial of President Clinton, John Bolton was never called to testify, therefore…

22 Likes

Maine:

You know what to do.

24 Likes

Why would any right-thinking person have a problem with witnesses being called? Holy shit are they afraid of the truth.

30 Likes

She is no leader.

5 Likes

As soon as it got real with Bolton she shows her true colors.

11 Likes

Just as Josh said, she is scrambling furiously to obfuscate until she can find a unanimous caucus vote to hide behind.

27 Likes

Time for this “moderate” fraud to go.

17 Likes

That didn’t take long. So predictable.

5 Likes

Meme proposal: What are they afraid of?

7 Likes

Sen. Collins–

The Senate Majority Leader has already broken with the precedents established during the last impeachment trial, so you can drop the charade.

28 Likes

They just love their jobs more than life. Ain’t gonna screw up no way, no how!

4 Likes

“First, we heard opening statements from both sides,

at which point 53 GOP senators unanimously agreed to acquit Trump, obviating the need for witnesses and the right of the public to hear testimony from first hand witnesses to the numerous crimes committed by the administration.

13 Likes

So let’s get Cory Gardner on the record as well!

4 Likes

Sara Gideon for US Senate.

9 Likes

She checks with Moscow Mitch each morning to find out what her true colors will be.

9 Likes

Colour me unsurprised.

6 Likes

Only a fool would expect anything else from her.

7 Likes