Collins Swipes At Schumer’s ‘Bizarre’ Remark That Chasing Her Vote In 2009 Was A ‘Mistake’

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) hit back at Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on Wednesday after he cited her as a cautionary tale of 2009, when Democrats watered down major relief legislation during the economic crisis to try to win over Republicans.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1364249

Ohh, Suzy sounding a little snippy now that she’s got another six years.

34 Likes

Her concern is noted. Glad Chuck…learned his lesson.

46 Likes

“He voted for the same package that I did.”

Disingenuous, rather than an outright lie.

That’s how you know she’s a “moderate” Republican.

47 Likes

Nothing “bizarre” about it.
(but the woman does have a way of luring people in)

3 Likes

Heh, heh, heh. The tease isn’t working anymore, Senator Collins! Now, if you want to look moderate, you’ll actually have to VOTE moderate. Or just go Full Trump Minion, like the real Republicans.

29 Likes

Is she really this dense or is it just feigned for the cameras?

26 Likes

‘Historic term?’ You mean the one you PROMISED the people of Maine you would not run for when you were first elected?

43 Likes

Pro tip to Collins: There is only so long that you can play Lucy before everybody catches on.

19 Likes

I’m “concerned” that Susan Collins is “concerned.” Actually, I just lied! Confessing one is “concerned” without action is a cowards’ sentiment.

8 Likes

Collins’ win in ME was, for me, the most disappointing win for the GOP. Especially after the Kavanaugh vote in 2018.

What were they thinking? Especially being from the same Party as Donald Fucking Trump

35 Likes

“reelected me to a historic term,” she said.”

Exactly. I’m old, she is ancient and needed to go lay down a long time ago. A snippy old bat is what she’s turning into.

5 Likes

collins

29 Likes

What “package” is she referring to. She (and her fellow Mainer, Snowe) certainly did not vote to approve the PPACA:

24 Likes

Does half the DC press corps camp outsider her office?

5 Likes

Oh, STFU Ms. “not guilty”. Go be concerned in the corner and don’t forget your cap.

13 Likes

Hey, Susy, blow it out your pivoting windsock…

17 Likes

The first time I saw MAGA hats and flags were in Maine.

6 Likes

Oh, good one Suzy!! I bet that now Chuck has learned his lesson.

6 Likes

It’s harder to undo legislation (now that Pelosi has the House and Joe is POTUS)…so I say, let’s get a plethora of things the American People need, ESPECIALLY VOTING RIGHTS AND INFRASRUCTURE and make the times her fucking opinion is asked for less of a factor

18 Likes