Chutkan Unseals Jack Smith’s Jan. 6 Appendices Over Trump Objections

Originally published at: Chutkan Unseals Jack Smith’s Jan. 6 Appendices Over Trump Objections - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Judge Tanya Chutkan for the District of Columbia unsealed nearly 1,900 pages of appendices containing evidence supporting Jack Smith’s prosecution of Donald Trump over his 2020 coup attempt on Friday. The appendices are mostly redacted; those parts that aren’t appear to contain material that was already mostly publicly available. Smith filed the appendices in support…

2 Likes

appendix one contains excerpts of interviews conducted by the House January 6 Committee.

While Merrick the Meek was still hiding under his desk.

5 Likes

Surprise. For one guy anyway.

6 Likes

Just waiting for Pinchy Sulzberger and his Presstitute Posse to spin this for their pal Trump…

13 Likes

Be careful what you wish for… so many pages to read…

4 Likes

Well, that is disappointing. No wonder Judge Chutkan just let it out there.

Is there are any chance that they pulled the old redacting without really redacting trick?

5 Likes

The appendices are mostly redacted…

Is that a partial appendectomy?

13 Likes

MSNBC last night said the redactions are people’s names, addresses, phone numbers and other personal info. The substance is intact.

My take: the MAGATs would surely ramp up the individual terrorism if they were reminded the names and contact info of who had the temerity to say bad things about their deity.

18 Likes

What is ruff, tuff greatest man of all times afraid of.

4 Likes

Transparency is good for democracy! I hope…

5 Likes

“Is that a partial appendectomy?”

Boooooooooooooooo.

(Well done.)

3 Likes

I think this is excellent news. Judge Chutkan is tailoring this to the ridiculous ruling giving a President immunity for official acts. Subverting an election and trying to remove your opponent can hardly be considered to be official in any way, shape or form. Like the pool papers, the government has this man by the short and curlies. He knows it and that’s the only reason he’s running for office again. Let’s disappoint him on November 5 again. Excise this tumor from the body politic.

12 Likes

I was at the store today over the lunch hour. I mentioned to dear Hubby at his lunchtime call that I wondered if this had been revealed yet.

Another big nothing-burger, given the statement that most of the material was already publicly available. No October surprise here.

1 Like

What I’d really like to see are the details related to the Mar-a-Lago case, but we probably will have to wait until 2026 (or perhaps never) to see them.

2 Likes

Damn, this things got almost as many appendices as The Lord of the Rings.

3 Likes

Hey, it’s only the first post-SCOTUS redraft.
Too early to make definitive comparisons, no?

1 Like