Cheney Scolds Trump For Peddling False Conspiracy Theory About Scarborough

House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) urged President Donald Trump on Wednesday to stop tweeting about a debunked conspiracy theory about the death of Lori Klausutis, MSNBC anchor Joe Scarborough’s late congressional aide.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1311116

[Liz] Cheney Scolds Trump For Peddling False Conspiracy Theory

Fantastic.

Now let her scold her father for doing the same thing.

50 Likes

It’s quite extraordinary, really.

Donald Trump was gifted with an EC victory that he could probably have duplicated with just the slightest of pivots toward human behavior in moments where the right thing to do was glaringly obvious to any thinking person.

But … “pivot?” “Human behavior?” “Thinking?”

He can’t do it. He doesn’t know how. He never knew how.

The people who voted for him were outnumbered by the people who had already figured that out.

And now, finally, the consequences of putting him in office are even starting to seep through the tinfoil red hats.

Somehow, “We told you so” seems woefully insufficient.

63 Likes

Broken Clock…

8 Likes

“So I urge him to stop. The President should stop tweeting …”

Trying to think of a response …

5 Likes

Cheney Scolds Trump For Peddling False Conspiracy Theory About Scarborough

48 Likes

Do you now?

17 Likes

She has the torture and dark shadows pedigree and a totally red district to make her immune to reprisals from the dotard.

21 Likes

Ms Pot meet Mr Kettle…

27 Likes

And now Romney, Cheney, Grassley, and Susan in 4-part parsimonious harmony.

26 Likes

She’d better hunker down - the threats and such not only from himself but his supporters will be coming fast and furious over the next news cycle.

4 Likes

It would be much easier for Cheney, et al, to just ignore this. What’s up that they’re suddenly attempting to feign some semblance of conscience?

16 Likes

When the Tweets start to come, Turnip better duck as Darth will we on the case.

4 Likes

Looks like we are starting a trend here

17 Likes

Shhh. Don’t look now, but the wheels are coming off the machine.

38 Likes

Hope springs eternal.

10 Likes

I usually plead with everyone (especially the media) to please ignore his tweets. But I’ll be honest, I can’t wait for him to start tweet storming about Dick Cheney to get back at her.

11 Likes

While this criticism is welcome and valid, these Repubs are damned late to Donnie’s intentional, ongoing carnage to the nation! Remember the characterization of “carnage?”

8 Likes

https://image.cagle.com/140473/750/140473.png

Fuck off Liz. You own tTump. He is the making of previous Republican administrations.

20 Likes

“He’s the commander in chief of this nation, . . . I think that we’re in the middle of a pandemic.”

Neither of which has any connection to Trump’s nonstop attacks on Scarborough or his insensitivity for the Klausutis family, but it adds to the chaos and deflection that is the hallmark of the GOP.

12 Likes