Chauvin And Three Other Officers Indicted By Federal Grand Jury On Civil Rights Violations

Four Minneapolis police officers, including Derek Chauvin, have been indicted by a federal grand jury for civil rights violations in the killing of George Floyd. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1373140
1 Like

Also this

21 Likes

THAT, coupled with Chauvin’s existing conviction, is starting to look a little more like “Justice.”

22 Likes

Boom.

Elections have consequences.

Peoples lives matter.

10 Likes

Black Lives Really Matter.

10 Likes

Good. Lock up murderous scum and strip them of all of their assets.

12 Likes

Good. Should have been done a year ago, but good.

9 Likes

The Civil Rights division of the Department of Justice, newly reinvigorated under the Biden administration, was reportedly preparing civil rights charges against the four officers even while the country waited anxiously for Chauvin’s verdict from the state court.

I had read where the Feds were poised to arrest Chauvin on the steps of the courthouse, as he left the state court, had he been acquitted.

14 Likes

With the Law & Order theme music playing in the background.

8 Likes

OT. It’s been a tough road for a lot of good people. She’s young and has much to contribute after a break. Hope to see more of her.

17 Likes

It is too late to help George Floyd but it may prevent it from happening to someone else if cops know the Feds will come after them when they violate citizens’ civil rights.

This approach started with Grant and it is the main reason he formed the DOJ. It greatly curtailed Southern whites from murdering and persecuting blacks and white Republicans. Grant was one of our greatest Presidents and he also doesn’t get credit for being one of the greatest military minds of all time. In the case of the Civil War, the losers wrote the history with their vilification of Grant and praise for Lee. The film industry added to the lies with "Birth of a Nation."Lee was an excellent tactician but he had no strategy to win the war. Grant was a master of tactics and strategy and he beat the South on their own territory.

18 Likes

Speaking of criminals and the law

26 Likes

I’d like to see her in the governor’s mansion after Abrams moves on to the WH.

13 Likes

If Abrams moves into the governor’s mansion, I’d say she has a good shot.

8 Likes

None of the Schwein had the humanity to say: “Hey man, he’s had enough, you are killing him, dude!”

8 Likes

Good. Kick him in his “legal balls” to coin a phrase.
Now, if we can just get the legal system to chew on a “certain private citizen in south Florida” a teensy bit faster. Like before any statute of limitations becomes involved…

11 Likes

The Vicksburg Campaign!

4 Likes

Probably Unpopular Opinion:

It feels to me like they’re piling on Chauvin as a substitute for cracking down on all the other bad cops. It’s not like we don’t have plenty of video of other cops being gratuitously violent last summer.

11 Likes

Grant was a globalist before his time. He once opined that “God in his own time is preparing humanity to become one nation”.

2 Likes

Chauvin and his wife divorced almost immediately when it became apparent he was going to be arrested. IIRR, almost all assets were given to his ex-wife in the settlement, which I think shields the money from the legal fines,etc that they would be subject to after conviction.

7 Likes