Chair Of Jan. 6 Panel Doesn’t Rule Out Possibility Of Trump Subpoena | Talking Points Memo

That’s an argument for chaos. Would we make the same exception for a Super Bowl winning quarteback whose work to make that achievement dwarfs the work TMFWSNBN put into becoming president?

Except he often says a lotta shit he doesn’t intend to. We might even find out about Lindsey Graham.

25 Likes

I disagree. This is all about transparent processes and rule of law. I do not favor any sort of Star Chamber activities.

1 Like

I think @tena wins the inner tubes today.

12 Likes

But … will you learn anything from it?

4 Likes

Exactly.

4 Likes

Subpoenaing Trump, get in line.

1 Like

I’m sick of 45 being above the law, but this is not really a legal proceeding and I don’t understand why they would subpoena him. Every other sentence that comes out of his mouth is a lie. How could he possible have information that would be useful?

4 Likes

You have to admit that offering Cheddar Ceauşescu a national spotlight in which to preen – while disgorging a litany of actionable lies from his perjury hole while under oath – does have a certain prosecutorial appeal…

28 Likes

Something tells me that Liz Cheney agrees with Kinzinger on that.

And thanks - I just saw the compliment. :blush:

9 Likes

Contrasting Donnie’s taking the 5th with his past opinions on folks who do so would be terribly juicy.
In a news mash up or a television commercial.
Can’t say that audience size matters, though – I don’t think devoted Magats will be able to see it.

5 Likes

No, it’s not. It’s about putting a stake through the heart of a conspiracy to install a dictator. Fuck transparency, and double-fuck second-guessing Thompson and his committee, who are moving with celerity, consistency, strategy, and a remarkable and appropriate indifference to “should” and “needs to” and “ought to” and “what I as armchair theorist, absent any insider information, think the actual investigators should do” argle bargle.

It’s not a subpoena. It’s the threat of a subpoena.

It’s not about “useful information”. It’s about flipping a criminal conspiracy.

23 Likes

There you go! :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

President Biden has made it clear Executive Privilege does not apply to Donald Trump. So, not a lawyer, but it’s not just the 1/6 panel, but DoJ that can potentially subpoena Trump.

No pressure, guys, but if Trump becomes President again, the American Experiment is assuredly over. And I’m certain the relevant people know that well.

8 Likes

He is not going to become President again.

20 Likes

You beat me to it. But I’ll repeat it: The MFWWNBN is not going to be President again ever.

21 Likes

AND, since Trump honored the other subpoena last Monday, he can’t use the “presidents don’t have to answer subpoenas” bullshit.

11 Likes

Build the case right, use every tool available, TFG will blab about a lot of stuff. This should erode privilege claims. I sure hope the voters get to know about the full nature of that godawful criminal administration.

When I heard recently of postponement of public release of JFK death investigation papers, it diminishes my hope that full disclosure and prosecution will occur.

3 Likes

Trump IS the investigation. How can he be a “distraction” when he’s the main fucking event???

12 Likes

I’ve been wrong before, and with lots of company, God knows, but I think this is overdetermined because there are so many powerful people on his side who think of his running as a looming disaster that could bring about a Goldwater-level bloodbath.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available