CDC Director Says Temporary Shut Down Would Do More To Remedy MI COVID Surge Than More Vaccines

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky on Monday urged Michigan to “close things” down amid an alarming spike in rates of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations in the state rather than relying on vaccinations to resolve the crisis.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369331
1 Like

But that would run counter to the Death Culter’s prefered remedy. More death equals more freedumb!

11 Likes

She is unquestionably correct. It would take weeks for additional vaccines to even start taking effect in the people lucky enough to get them, and months for vaccines to make any significant impact on overall infection rates. Michigan needs to get its shit together now, not weeks and months from now.

23 Likes

previously

hits play and ‘dances’ to Bruno Mars.

18 Likes

Yes, more vaccinations would be fine in parallel but won’t help as quickly as taking basic precautions whose efficacy has been understood for decades.

17 Likes

She should invite the leaders of the Michigan legislature to Atlanta, and ply them with some Georgia moonshine to get them to go along with a shutdown.

1 Like

that doesn’t stop her from declaring a new emergency…

2 Likes

The Death Cult needs to divert more vaccines from other areas so that they can refuse to take them and ensure they go to waste.

“Pwn the libs!”

2 Likes

pauses video

Did u read that story?

:heavy_plus_sign::

:heavy_minus_sign:

5 Likes

hits play

Stupid response really. The reason for the spike is that people aren’t obey9ing in the first place. Yelling that you’ve ordered a tighter lockdown that they’ll refuse to obey as well isn’t going to do anything.

This country is in its denouement and it’s all downhill from here.

Here’s how bad the “don’t wanna” white fright tantrum bullshit is at this point…the cultural resentment, white supremacy and Trump KKKultism leading to nose-spite-face idiocy…

5 Likes

CDC Director Says Temporary Shut Down Would Do More To Remedy MI COVID Surge Than More Vaccines

Absolutely true considering the time required for the vaccines to take effect even if you could instantaneously place shots into everybody’s arms.
She’s telling the freedumbers (1) facts and (2) truth.
As far as those dumb shits are concerned, this means war!!!

Everybody in MI needs to shutdown stat and accept the vaccines.
Short of that it’s “good luck” Michiganders!

4 Likes

Why is this about Governor Whitmer? Clearly the GOP legislature has nullified her power to manage this health crisis.

The GOP legislature is where the focus should be as it is they who have the power to act.

11 Likes

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky on Monday urged Michigan to “close things” down amid an alarming spike in rates of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations in the state rather than relying on vaccinations to resolve the crisis.

This is undoubtedly the right response, but I fear it won’t play well in 2024, though four years is a long time in politics. But other states have beaten worse virus surges without a vaccine (which has a six-eight week lag time, as has been noted). But the repub lege has taken away her powers to do what would be effective and useful, so all she can do is beg for more vaccine (which likely wouldn’t make a difference).

6 Likes

Plus, “personal responsibility” from her constituents. Odd how bad at that some of these folks seem to be when the rubber hits the road. I’m sure she understands how futile that is for the insurrectionist contingent, but it’s her only tool thanks to the Lege’s sabotage.

5 Likes

Gov. Whitmer is up for re-election next year. Looks like this is being carefully orchestrated. At least that’s my hope.
Damn republicans.

4 Likes

Most of my family live in Michigan. Mention Gov. Whitmer to my brother, and he almost literally froths at the mouth. He feels the lockdown is meant as a personal insult to his freedumb.

Unfortunately, I have to visit in a few weeks. I’ll be fully vaccinated by then, plus the 2-week setting in period, but I’m still nervous about going to MI.

12 Likes

Temporary Shut Down Would Do More To Remedy MI COVID Surge Than More Vaccines

Yeah, but that would be hard.

1 Like

to go back to our basics

The Governor is there. Now it’s up to the people.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available