CBS Publishes Version Of Whistleblower’s Memo About Ukraine Call

CBS published on Wednesday what it described as the “full contents” of a memo written by the whistleblower who would later file a complaint about President Donald Trump’s phone call with the Ukrainian president.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1254900

I still want the transcript. But this is a start!

15 Likes
  • The President reiterated his concern that Zelenskyy was surrounded by people who were enemies of the President, including “bad oligarchs.”*

Wow. #45 likes laying his own, personal and personnel, issues out for a perfect conversation.

15 Likes

When the second whistleblower who has first hand knowledge of Trump’s blackmail of Ukraine to get dirt on Biden steps forward, it’s clear as day what occurred. Adding in Trump’s public call for China to help him politically and the numerous instances of obstruction and witness tampering, the main impeachment case is proven.

20 Likes

Was watch Shep talking about Turkey. Dump came on and said he had a great talk with Borris Johnson
Think they discussed where they would go when they are thrown out of their respective countries?

5 Likes

OT File under “Great and Unmatched Wisdom”

27 Likes

Freely admitted to even.

18 Likes
6 Likes

the White House official described the call as “frightening” and “crazy.”

Frightening and crazy is an excellent description of the White House since Jan. 2017.

30 Likes

Exactly, this is very frightening and crazy.

It is crazy because of what Trump was doing, pushing the Ukraine back into Russian domination.

Frightening because if Trump or any President can use foreign policy, American aid and their office to solicit a foreign Government to meddle in the American election by getting it to fabricate dirt on the President’s opponent, America is not a nation with a first class democracy but rather a nation with a third world petty dictator.

16 Likes

It’s interesting, but I’d like to know it’s precise provenance. Catalog it and lock it in the evidence vault.

8 Likes

Unless I am missing something – there are a couple of major points missing from the released “transcript”:

• The President urged Zelenskyy not to fire Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, who the President claimed was doing a good job. (Note: Lutsenko has spearheaded various politicized investigations, including on Burisma Holdings and alleged “Ukrainian interference” in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Lutsenko is widely reviled in Ukraine, and Zelenskyy has pledged to fire him but has been unable to secure approval from the legislature.)

The word “Lutsenko” does not appear in the “transcript”

• The President reiterated his concern that Zelenskyy was surrounded by people who were enemies of the President, including “bad oligarchs.”

The word “oligarch” does not appear in the “transcript”

I just went to the CNN transcription and did a search. But this is big if true.

21 Likes

Trump Bumper Sticker: “Frightening and Crazy in 2020!”

18 Likes

Can Fox and Friends, Lou Dobbs , Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson be Wrong?
I Think not
They have their hand on the pulse of the crazy

7 Likes

The WB memo also says “The President did not raise security assistance” which could be spun as undermining the quid pro quo. Good thing the White House summary is clear that it was raised by Z and then used as a predicate for Trump’s requests.

2 Likes

I caught that too. The memo has been white washed - and is STILL damning! The other WBs will shed more light.

And I’ll bet good money, the Ukraine has a recording of the call.

8 Likes

Though it’s prolly nothing to worry about, it would be nice to know why Trump and Mattis split on Syria.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter. The whistleblower is a biased Trump-hating Democrat who has no firsthand knowledge of the call. If we can’t voir dire anonymous whistleblowers then what has our fascist republic come to?!?

3 Likes

It’s prolly something to worry about. :slightly_frowning_face:

10 Likes

It would be nicer to know if Turkish Intelligence caught any of Trump’s and Jared’s conversations/texts with MBS where Kasshogi’s elimination was discussed. He was a threat to Trump as well as MBS. It would be very nice to know if Erdogan has a bit of leverage over the ‘Great and Wise Orange One” in this regard.

25 Likes