Bolton Says Trump’s Full Of It With ‘Standing Order’ Declassification Claim

First thing first, who here believes tRump ever took work upstairs to the residence?

ETA. Mrs dont just told me this was a topic on Morning Joe this AM.

20 Likes

"He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office and taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified the moment he removed them,” the office said.

8 Likes

Wait no longer!

The ex-president and his lawyers first accused the FBI of “planting” evidence (while simultaneously claiming that the FBI hadn’t found anything incriminating). Then Trump tried to deflect by making wild claims about ex-president Barack Obama, falsely arguing that Obama had similarly taken White House documents.

28 Likes

What’s Bannon doing there?

6 Likes

Yes. Note the lies about his weight … and height. And general health. And hair. And …

5 Likes

Bolton has no respect for people who lie as poorly as Trump.

20 Likes

Exactly! Yet he saw fit to dump those boxes of Top Secret in a store room that was accessible to the public, and for over a year, there wasn’t even a lock on the door.

9 Likes

I think the answer to the question, “Does anyone believe Donnie did work at home?” is a null set.
If however, classified documents are ‘work,’ Donnie clearly took it home with him.
ETA: I suspect some of these documents made their way to Mar - i - ago while he was still in office.

11 Likes

From the following The Hill article in 8/19/2017: https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/347206-bannons-security-clearance-a-challenge-outside-the-white-house-experts/

"Legal experts say Stephen Bannon may face a challenge in his security clearance as President Trump’s now-former chief strategist returns to his pre-White House career as executive chairman at the media company Breitbart.

“People with Top Secret clearances are bound by a nondisclosure agreement (NDA) for life,” said Bradley Moss, a partner at the Law Office of Mark Zaid specializing in national security and security clearance law.

“Any time Breitbart now prints classified information, they might now be required to clear it with the government,” according to Moss.

Moss later clarified that because of the NDA with Bannon, Bannon would be personally responsible to clear anything he “wrote, formulated or provided to one of his reporters” and the paper might face scrutiny for anything that appeared to be a conflict."

14 Likes

Fox News actually cited Nixon to make just this argument. We are truly in bizarro world.

https://t.co/xGTOhrP52O

11 Likes

I think i just discovered why T rumpp never disclosed his secrets!

Transparent: A person who doesn’t actually have kids, but self-identifies as having them.

7 Likes

That photo is from 2017.

Wikimedia data for the pic here:

2 Likes

Won’t matter to the minions. TFG can do anything he wants. So can anyone in their orbit until that anyone does something they don’t like. Kinda like the police and the FBI. Those folks were worthy of praise until these organizations did their jobs. Then they were persona non grata and worth shooting at.

Besides, TFG has already made Bolton irrelevant to their cause, so they won’t listen to him anyway.

4 Likes

Assuming this “standing order” could even be a real thing… Since there is clearly no written “standing order,” Trump would almost certainly have to testify as to what the standing order supposedly was in a criminal trial. I do not think any of his lackeys would be competent to testify to it from a hearsay perspective. I can’t possibly imagine him taking the stand given all that would be at stake and his clear level of guilt. Additionally, Trump would have to be able to prove exactly when he brought each document to Mar a Largo as it would have had to arrive there while he was still President. At the very least it would become evident that this was not stuff he “took home for work.”

Glad the DOJ doesn’t work like the media and won’t be indulging this endless BS.

4 Likes

So the Venn diagram shows two non-overlapping circles. :face_with_monocle::nerd_face:

4 Likes

Given that the media broadcasts every lie (sometimes without pushback) and the BS support of that lie from DT’s minions, dems can’t just ignore them. If a large part of the media industry wasn’t focused on clickbait, it would be a whole different story.

4 Likes

No “raid.”

Legal search warrant and execution of same.

14 Likes

Again, the minions don’t care. TFG can do anything he wants because reasons.

And.

He can do no wrong. Ever. It’s just the world that hates him - read that into Rand Paul insisting the Espionage Act should be revoked, because that’s the charge that TFG will face. Paul says it flies in the face of 1A. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel for legitimacy.

7 Likes

Bolton and Trump are my 2 favorite Repubs. :rofl:

2 Likes

Well then since Trump, through his people were told to put a lock on the closet, I guess that means that we can now demand that SCIF be dismantled and returned to we the people. Or he can sign a lease for that sq footage, to be payable in cash on April 15th of each year that is still in exitance.
It’s the fiscally prudent way.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available