Bolton’s Book Ties Ukraine Aid To Biden Probe. Trump Howls It Isn’t True.

The book’s not due for release until march 17. This actually seems timed for the trial.

3 Likes

…do anything he wants, actually.

4 Likes

I’m still waiting for the tweet that he didn’t know Bolton - just some hanger-on; cofveve boy. Can’t possibly know everyone he meets.

You know the drill.

10 Likes

I wonder if the Senate will open with a moment of silence, or how 'bout a nice fulsome prayer? This would let the GOPs talk to reporters about Kobe, rather than the trial.

2 Likes

If the president does it it’s not illegal.

3 Likes

If he is not called to testify, Bolton needs to do a group of interviews including FOX to tell the story. If he reveals half of what he knows and the rest in his book, then it will be hard for the Rs to deny and avoid squirming in their soiled pants.

10 Likes

Article 2, don’tcha know.

2 Likes

Perhaps IMPOTUS overestimated the “positive” effect on Bolton who, by then, already had a fat royalty advance in his bank acct and wasn’t gonna give up on that.

Bolton is no dummy: he ain’t gonna give up the $$$$ now. Plus IMPOTUS had already done what he wanted him to do. So, shrug – got two birds with one stone there. And Bolton’s gonna bake both birds and laugh while stuffing his fat face.

4 Likes

Thought it was Lord High Chief Justice Pettifog.

3 Likes

And my thought on this whole thing:

Everyone is yelling about ‘we only need four Senators to get witnesses. Only FOUR!!!’

No, damnit, we need all of them. Every last single one of them. I’m tired of giving the GOP a pass on their intransigence. Those that don’t vote for witnesses, ESPECIALLY with this revelation, do not deserve to be Senators. Do not deserve to be public servants. Do not deserve to be American citizens.

I’ve had quite enough of this ‘only four’ nonsense. Hold them ALL accountable. Take no prisoners.

46 Likes

or I said the Bidens, I never said Democrats… or any combination of… always makes sure to have built in some form of out you can’t add/remove a word, correct the spelling or even the punctuation.

1 Like

The republican are going to rat fuck the trial in every way they can. That is a given. All I’m saying is that if the Dems had reissued their subpoena it would have looked better in the court of public opinion that they did everything possible to get to the truth. And trump might not be tweeting this morning that the Dems didn’t call him for their inquiry so there is no need to call Bolton to the Senate trial.

1 Like

Remember the good old days when Republicans didn’t claim that NDAs with book publishers were more important than national security?

17 Likes

I just read that article by Katyal and others. They make an intriguing argument.

10 Likes

Bolton must be worried about his book sales. This wont change the outcome in the Senate trial and he’s not saying anything we don’t already know. Straight to the bargain bin.

9 Likes

Aggressiveness is the Ticket. Schiff did his Part. In his “YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T TRUST THIS MAN!!” speech, I was in tears.

However, if the American People are not inspired by this and choose NOT to be aggressively focused on saving their OWN FUCKING COUNTRY, then there is nothing we can do here.

It’s up to the American People. If they respond, we can beat Trump.

Maybe the Gloom Merchants know the American People perfectly. If so, we can all pack up shop and jump off the Bay Bridge.

11 Likes

The Dem’s request for Roberts to subpoena Bolton to the Senate trial would have more weight if they had subpoenaed him in their inquiry. I hope that doesn’t make me a doom and gloomer.

2 Likes

So let Bolton testify, and if you can prove it’s not true you can investigate him for perjury and punish him for it.

Or you can whine like a baby on Twitter.

6 Likes

It does. If he has been subpoenaed and it was in the courts right now, the republican position would be that they can’t do anything until the courts rule on it.

23 Likes

bingo

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available