Bolton’s Book Ties Ukraine Aid To Biden Probe. Trump Howls It Isn’t True.

On early Monday morning, President Donald Trump denied former National Security Adviser John Bolton’s allegation that he directly connected aid to Ukraine to his push for Ukrainian officials to help his efforts to have Joe Biden investigated.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1287012

Anybody want to bet that somewhere down the line a recording of him saying exactly that will surface?

Trump claimed the White House’s memo of his call with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky is “all the proof that is needed.”

This part is true.

33 Likes

If Trump’s denying

You know he’s lying

57 Likes

Just to point out, Bolton isn’t a Democrat, he’s a hard right rethug just like Trump. I expect that view to be muddied in the coming days.

38 Likes

Everything that emits from Trump’s mouth or stubby digits is a lie. Everything.

Ergo, we all know the truth.

16 Likes

You can squeal like a pig all you want but we all know the truth.

The real question is whether the truth will finally se the Rs free from the Trump cult.

Doubtful.

18 Likes

When does the next scheduled bus come down 5th Ave.?

13 Likes

I’m starting to notice a theme.

29 Likes

Wait, isn’t there a more comprehensive memo of the phone call with Zelensky squirreled away on the super-secure server at the White House? Can we see that, please?

Interesting piece in the NYTimes today that, indeed, according to the established rules (are they codified in law?), Roberts can subpoena witnesses and evidence, to be over-ruled by two thirds of the Senate. The House managers can put that request forward and see what happens.

36 Likes

I’m pretty firmly convinced that if Bolton testified it wouldn’t change one thing. The immoral cretins in the Senate are not blind, they’re protecting themselves against tRump. Drag all the tapes out, have everyone testify that has knowledge and nothing will change.

16 Likes

“I NEVER told John Bolton that the aid to Ukraine was tied to investigations into Democrats, including the Bidens,” Trump tweeted. “In fact, he never complained about this at the time of his very public termination. If John Bolton said this, it was only to sell a book.”

Apparently his dead squirrrel hairpiece has split ends. He “never told Bolton”, but I’ll bet he told some other people within Bolton’s earshot, or who communicated with Bolton. “He never complained”… uh, when you’re quitting over a crime at your workplace, it isn’t all that wise to put that crime on the record.

15 Likes

Thank you. This is celebrity wrestling. Perhaps what makes the fight a bit interesting here is who is playing the heel and who is the face. Or is it a double-heel smackdown?

6 Likes

Cue Fox chyron in 3, 2, 1…

5 Likes

You’re expecting a peep from Judge Pettifog?

29 Likes

Not willing to testify unless subpoenaed and ordered to by a court, but eager to earn a buck “testifying” to POTUS’s criminality in print. The corruption is breathtaking. And the Rs hear nothing but crickets. Appalling. They actually could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and skate away.

19 Likes

Timed to help the book sales??? I’m cynical, I know.

12 Likes

What changes is 80 million people watch it. Might change a few of the few remaining persuadables’ minds for the election.

41 Likes

Hopefully there is that but I was thinking removal from office.

3 Likes

Bribery, extortion and racketeering are not crimes in the christian conservative Constitution.

21 Likes

When the dust settles on this new revelation, and impeachment in general, we’ll see the GOP Senate and the White House assert it’s perfectly within the rights of the Executive to recruit assistance from foreign sources (both private and governmental) to investigate domestic political opponents, including likely opponents in imminent election races.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available