Bolton’s Book Ties Ukraine Aid To Biden Probe. Trump Howls It Isn’t True.

We must remember that Bolton is no democrat.

2 Likes

Ours has stopped that and gotten onto our retirement schedule. He wakes my husband up to go out usually around 6. My husband gets up around 8 and lets him back in and he gets in bed with us until we get up since he found out he is not getting fed until we do get up.

He was used to my husband getting up at 5:30 when he was working and it took 6 years to break him but he finally broke.

:joy:

Bolton is no Democrat and no hero but I don’t think he’s lying.

3 Likes

Not. According to Amazon “#1 Best Seller in Political Science”, and it’s not even being released until March 17.

1 Like

This is in the book, not being released until March 17 but Amazon has it as the “#1 Best Seller in Political Science.”

• Bolton writes that he heard Trump say explicitly that the withholding of military aid would continue until Ukraine announced an investigation involving the Bidens — implicating Trump directly in a quid pro quo for the first time and contradicting the Trump team’s defense.
  • He writes that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said privately that there was nothing to the Trump team’s claims that then-Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch was corrupt — suggesting that this was indeed a smear campaign and that Pompeo recognized it as such, even as he didn’t defend Yovanovitch publicly.
  • He writes that he raised concerns about Rudolph W. Giuliani’s efforts in Ukraine with Attorney General William P. Barr after Trump’s July call with Ukraine’s president — despite the Justice Department saying Barr learned about the call in mid-August.
  • He writes that acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney was present for one of Trump’s calls with Giuliani about Yovanovitch, even though Mulvaney has told associates that he stayed out of those conversations to protect Trump and Giuliani’s attorney-client privilege.

@tena Bolton knows exactly what he’s doing no matter if he is a right wing thug. Or maybe it’s because he is one.

2 Likes

Some of this is the result of the “client from hell.” It is standard procedure for lawyers to tell their clients to try and defuse damaging information by getting it out yourself and putting the best light on it. I assumed that was why they released the summary of the July 25 call when they did. As damning as the call summary is, if it came out now it would be much more damning.

I always thought that we would end up at a place where the GOP senators, or at least some of them, acknowledge that Trump did what is alleged and it is wrong but it is not impeachable. I still think that is where we will eventually end up, But the self-described “PhD in litigation” often came up against weaker opponents where stonewalling is often successful. It won’t be successful here, but the yes men who are now surrounding the President (including his legal team} cannot convince him of that or are afraid to try. It will make his still almost certain acquittal all that much more hollow and damaging both to him and the GOP.

Speaker Pelosi could not have played this one any better

2 Likes

In summary,

• the media lies
  • the Democrats lie
  • Trump’s former staffers lie
    … only Donnie tells the truth … and he’s a stable genius. He has told us so on numerous occasions, so it must be true.

One of our cats is feral, the other semi-feral. It is difficult to change their ways. We have had the feral one for 10 years. It took the death of his long time partner (did I relate the feral boy is gay?), our old and very dominant cat Spanky, for the feral one to allow me to place a hand on him. Just two days ago , for the first time ever, he allowed me to scritch behind his ears and then he turned over for a belly rub. The morning yeowling may take a while to quiet down.

1 Like

He’s not lying. Hell hath no fury like a Bolton scorned.

Al accurate except for the lesbians. The far whightous right likes the girls due to fantasy of one guy-two women menages. My millennialn son say it’s a thing on 4Chan.

Post Newt Gingrich, post Tom Delay, the subsequent iterations of elected GOP-ers have become more loathsome, rabid, willfully ignorant, hypocritical, reptilian, and hate-filled than their predecessors. Goobers like Blackburn, Paul, McSally, well… on & on. MoscowMitch was always horrible, not ignorant but evil-smart. What’s beyond sad is that enough of our fellow citizens elect them. Outrage is exhausting !

2 Likes

It won. The eyebrows are now rising up.

2 Likes

If Bolton’s book blows TRE45ON out of the WH, I’ll buy a copy for myself, and several more for friends.

The notes of Trump’s incriminating phone call with Ukraine president were put in a special safe. I wonder if they have been accessed and doctored since then. I’m sure copies were made of it when it was presented online but I have a feeling Trump owns a doctored transcript that he is so eager to publish.

2 Likes

“if he is a right wing thug. Or maybe it’s because he is one.”
He is a useful thug right now. The White House including Trump made a big mistake turning him against them. He is one character they should have been afraid of. I saw somewhere that the parting between Trump and Bolton was not friendly. (hahaha!)

By all means donald…howl. And resign while yer at it.

1 Like

What we the public saw in September were notes made from the actual word for word transcript. We and investigators have not seen the actual word for word transcript. If it was not incriminating then show it.

1 Like

Lots of other witnesses to the same thing.

Trump is lying.

“Everyone in the streets and the windows said, “Oh, how fine are the Emperor’s new clothes! Don’t they fit him to perfection? And see his long train!” Nobody would confess that he couldn’t see anything, for that would prove him either unfit for his position, or a fool.” – excerpt from Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Emperor’s New Clothes”

2 Likes

There’s your quid pro quo right there.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available