Body Cam Footage About To Be Released In North Carolina Police Shooting | Talking Points Memo

Elizabeth City, North Carolina, is bracing for the release of body camera footage of the fatal police shooting last week of Andrew Brown, Jr.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1371328

Takes three guesses as to why they wait for a Monday morning to release the tapes…

11 Likes

Sadly, I’m not taking that bet. I think we all can surmise what the tapes reveal.

11 Likes

The next February 29th leap day isn’t until 2024.
That would really be stretching it.

5 Likes

Yup. I’m just looking at the timing, if the tapes would clear them like the Columbus shooting, they’d have been all over getting them in front of the public. Waiting for the beginning of a week, with the longest period before weekend “festivities” can get going, means this is going to look really, really bad.

24 Likes

Shooting an unarmed man in the back while fleeing arrest ought to be bad enough, but somehow it isn’t.

15 Likes

For TrumpLand, this is a campaign booster. This is what happens when people descend to the level of expectations.

They are going to have to really count votes creatively now.

2 Likes

As I understand this incident the police were gonna arrest this man. He tried to run away in his car and as he was moving away they shot him . I could me completely wrong but that is what I understand to have happened. He was shot in the back. Going away. In his car. A neighbor’s house has a bullet hole by their front door so the police were not all that careful with their aim. And multiple shots from more than one cop.
This will certainly be ugly.
And the officers involved should be held to account as any citizen would be. There should be equality before the law as is carved in stone at the Supreme Court.

17 Likes

Speaking of Arizona are we?

3 Likes

“The video is having some redactions performed,” Daniels said, seemingly reading from the email. “It will not be ready at 11:30. We are working on it as hard as we can, but it takes time.”

Nope, nothing suspicious here at all.

23 Likes

CNN is saying they’re trying to release the video with “redactions” and of course the Brown family lawyer is objecting. So this could take a little while before anyone sees it.

12 Likes

Ass-Covering Passive Voice in full effect. Could be legit, but y’all’re trying awfully hard to make me skeptical.

14 Likes

I hope they’re using sharpies on that video/sn
To redact a body cam video (other than the face of an underage child) that clearly will incriminate the cops involved ought to be illegal.

12 Likes

Have you noticed the lawyers and all who come up to speak don’t have notes, they speak from their heart.
Want to bet the Police will speak from a prepared speech written by a Trumper.

5 Likes

The damn courier is late with the Benny Hill cop chase footage.

6 Likes

Why redact a body cam video? WHY??

9 Likes

So, it’s even more egregious than we expected.

14 Likes

How to make absolutely sure everyone watches the video.

16 Likes

Rhetorical question right??

Head wound?

2 Likes