Blunt: Manchin Not On Board With Revival Of Stalled Voting Rights Push

It’s a horserace as to which is greater in number:

Words or Lies…

3 Likes

Welcome @Musgrove_21!

I think that I’ve met twenty or so of your relatives.

6 Likes

Arguable, but maybe so. But a very good idea is the federal government deciding how elections should NOT be run.

8 Likes

Blunts missing the RIGHTS in the voting rights bills.

These rights include “national standards for voting that would ensure access to the ballot across state lines.”
For example:
“Allow election officials and other people who assist voters from engaging in ordinary, lawful, and often essential tasks.
“Strengthening mail voting and early voting
“Easing voter ID requirements
“Restriction of voter purge
“Prohibit discrimination on the basis of race or membership in language minority groups from being implemented
“Restore voters’ robust ability to challenge discriminatory laws

Quotes from The Brennan Center for Justice

7 Likes

Blunt is all-in on the tyranny of the mob, but he’s too “polite” to say so on the teevee.

4 Likes

Because I can

14 Likes

Ya know… like those pesky RICO laws, free speech, and ask Geutz about state lines.

3 Likes

He must be retiring.

2 Likes

How many times since Jan 20 has Manchin promised us there are “10 or so” Republicans who will vote to end the Fillibuster on a bill he claims to support? Wouldn’t it be great to have a reporter ask him what happened to those votes? I never hear of him having to explain it.

10 Likes

Blunt is such a mealymouthed mofo. He is also retiring in 2022 so why is he still so keen on denying voting rights? Maybe he wants to go on the corporightwingfacistchristian speech circuit to generate some spare change in his retirement.

6 Likes

That’s my Roy. I’m still waiting for him to produce the Republicans version of the ACA.
The only sad thing about Roy retiring is the boat load of idiots, grifters, and just plain old villains fighting to get the nomination.

5 Likes

It pays well.

1 Like

Something about “not all voters are equal” comes to mind.

8 Likes

In other climate change news, a storm damaged container ship on fire in the Strait of Juan De Fuca.

5 Likes

My senator Blunt has to say disparaging things about voting, but not too disparaging because here in MO we’re still pretty basic. No VBM, absentee voting for a limited amount of reasons, and a couple of years ago it was pointed out that if an employee’s schedule prevents him from having 2 hours to go vote, which doesn’t include their meal time, then the employee can request the time off and be paid for it. The folks in my state went ape shit. Ape shit over a law that was passed late 70s or early 80s.

6 Likes

[quote=“maximus, post:34, topic:213291”]
A fire broke out on Saturday on containers on a cargo ship carrying mining chemicals off British Columbia,
[/quote

A fire broke out on Saturday on a cargo ship carrying mining chemicals from British Columbia…?

Or was it carrying them to British Columbia?

1 Like

Blunt sounds like he’s telling Manchin what his marching orders will be. Manchin and
S-enema are Trump Republican shills, and they must be dealt with as such.

1 Like

OT

10 Likes

Last I heard, Missouri was a slave state. Still is.

1 Like

Wait a minute. Aren’t Fox employees supposed to be vaccinated?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available