Blackwater Guard Pardoned By Trump Insists He ‘Acted Correctly’ | Talking Points Memo

WASHINGTON (AP) — Evan Liberty was reading in the top bunk of his cell one evening late last month when a prison supervisor delivered news he had hoped for.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1351736
1 Like

I imagine he wishes there was video of the whole massacre to prove his innocence.

15 Likes

He’d better watch out for Karma, who will eventually get even.

10 Likes

For a little bit of money? There’s more to life than a little money, you know. Don’tcha know that? And here ya are, and it’s a beautiful day. Well. I just don’t understand it.

7 Likes

We have an extradition treaty with Iraq, I hope they all get one way tickets to Baghdad.

26 Likes

Remember, it was G W Bush who declared that all US personnel could act with impunity in Iraq. And Rumsfeld, too. This goes back to them. I suspect global pressure will embolden Biden to change things for the sake of future global relations with our allies. I also suspect these 4 yahoos will see their day hauled before The Hague. One way or another.

15 Likes

Joining with a number of German uboat captains who claimed they we justified in sinking non-combatant ships.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Al-Qaeda recruiters send their thanks to Donald John Trump.

23 Likes

As do any mercenaries who work for Erik Prince. He has their backs and will pull strings when needed.

7 Likes

I’m finding it a challenge to think of circumstances where acting correctly leaves children dead. Just seems like something somewhere in the mix was incorrect.

22 Likes

Did that apply only to military personnel or to all American citizens? These fucking mercenaries and the companies that employ them need to get cut off at the knees.

5 Likes

As I have stated before, I helped care for Vietnam causalities for 3 1/2 years.
Almost every night or day there was a new group of causalities so I talked with many.
While much in the minority this goes farther back then Bush.

10 Likes

Correctly, for a murderous mercenary thug.

FIFY

6 Likes

Everyone. All Americans.

1 Like

Hopefully his strings get cut on 20 Jan.

8 Likes

Liberty claims to be at peace with many innocent people, including children, being killed by his hand. The view of a sociopath.

9 Likes

Yep. And snipped into tiny little pieces.

2 Likes

Even fucking Nixon didn’t pardon Calley, just granting him home detention. Trump has been pardoning war criminals left and right, I count eight - so far.
I’m not sure who he is trying to piss off by doing this, but I know for sure that the real reasons for granting clemency or pardons is not entering into it.

15 Likes

The man had a chance to do some good with his life, but chose Erik Prince instead.

I wish him luck, but advise him to seek the counsel of a good shrink before taking any action more significant than using the bathroom for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes