Bizarre Press Release About PA Military Ballot Issue Eyebrows Among DOJ Alum | Talking Points Memo

The U.S. Attorney’s office of the Middle District of Pennsylvania issued a bizarre press release Thursday announcing that it was in the midst of inquiry into “potential issues” with military ballots cast in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1334099
2 Likes

Trump refusing a peaceful transfer of power by declaring the election a hoax???

Unpossible!!!

22 Likes

Trying to cast doubt on the election workers?

What is this story trying to accomplish?

15 Likes

Here we go. Any and all instance that can “help” El Poop Stain will be put out so that said poop stain can play it up in his campaign rhetoric. Another excuse to make the election “questionable” and get it to the SC. Of course, if this was helping him - crickets.

More to come, but a possible nudge on the scale?

10 Likes

Set up much?

13 Likes

36 Likes

Barr has completely politicized the DOJ. No rules matter. Guidelines are ignored. Their entire mission is to help Trump win in November by any means necessary. Seeking to add doubt to mail in ballots is part of this illegal and unethical jihad to destroy our election.

53 Likes

Damnit. Operation Tilted Windmill is in jeopardy. Abort! Abort! I repeat. Stand down.

12 Likes

["But the clarification came after a prominent Trump campaign official tweeted sensationally that ‘100% of’ the ballots ‘were cast for President Trump’ and that ‘Democrats are trying to steal the election.’ "]

Justification for “steal the election from a popular president” complaints…which have, as we know, many uses.

19 Likes

So help me to understand: it is the position of the Trump campaign that ballots should not be discarded, even if they do not follow proper protocols?

29 Likes

The biggest threat to the integrity of this election is not from foreign interference, it’s from the Trump Administration.

51 Likes

obviously if they are votes for Trump, they should not be discarded. If they are votes for Biden, then they were illegally cast and the voters should be incarcerated.

19 Likes

what’s the difference again?

32 Likes

I wonder if all the ballots for Trumpescu were from the same voter…

10 Likes

“DOJ policy provides that the government should not confirm or deny the existence of an investigation,” Barbara McQuade, a former U.S. attorney under President Obama, told TPM in an email. “There is an exception where necessary to assure the public."

Barr’s spokesperson: “We interpret DOJ policy as allowing exceptions where necessary to bamboozle the public.”

17 Likes

The only voters in Luzerne County who have received mail-in ballots at this time are civilians and military personnel overseas, an official told the Times Leader . The election bureau plans to begin sending out mail-in ballots during the first week of October.

Explain that to me.

If the Ballots were sent to only those overseas, how were they found here?

24 Likes

This is a scam and a Trump Campaign propaganda push. Luzerne County got a lot of attention in 2016 for flipping dramatically from Obama to Trump and was touted as a bellweather. They’ve chosen it as the place to conduct this type of false flag disinformation bullshit and violate DOJ guidelines while doing it because they think that “where goes Luzerne, so goes PA.” They’re desperately afraid that a place like Luzerne could flip back for Biden and want to make it appear like two things are happening: rural white voters’ mailed ballots are getting fucked with and rural white military ballots are getting fucked with in order to steal the election.

The ballots found in WI? I’m guessing we’ll get nonsense along the same lines. Rural white GOP pro-Trump post office worker gets a wink and a nudge to throw a handful of ballots in a ditch so the Trump Campaign and Faux News can all scream about fraud and “why is this happening in these particular areas!!! I THINK YOU AND WE ALL KNOW WHY!!!”

ETA:

Outagamie County went 54%-40% to Trump. They’re worried about Outagamie too.

34 Likes

“There is an exception where necessary to assist the president."

7 Likes

Cool comfort for American expats attempting to vote in this election.

2 Likes

Wow! The Dotard Campaign’s internal polling must be abysmal. His sycophants are slinging dung in every direction hoping something sticks.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available