Birx: ‘No Metro Area Will Be Spared’ | Talking Points Memo

Comparing his ratings to the bachelor? Holy shit what a sad pathetic man, and even worse he the president of the US, what the fuck republican party and all of congress and supreme court. Take him out before he gets us all killed.

1 Like

I don’t know what the racists and crazies in the administration thought, but if they think this is only going to impact cities, they are sadly mistaken. I listened carefully to Governor Cuomo talking about New York and he is preparing for the crisis to spread state wide. it will be rolling up in some towns and cities as the crest breaks and falls in others. The trends in several other states including Texas and Florida don’t look good.

When thinking about Florida, remember it arrived in Miami first, but recently the governor kept the beaches open for spring break and the amusement parks in Orlando were open for business. I think Orlando is going to be really hard hit as are several other towns and cities in central and northern Florida.

There is one good thing going on in Florida. Because so many of us are seniors, people are taking the stay at home orders very seriously.

3 Likes

The entire us map is about to be red. There will be no differentiating other than their nonstop culture war on the rest of us.

“I mean, look at Ben Carson. How hard could it be?”

Birx has already pretty much destroyed herself. ETTD. She doesn’t seem to be a bad person, and is nowhere near as stupid as Kudlow and Ross and so many others, but having gone full DPRK praising Dear Leader who is dummer than a sack of hammers, well, you can’t undo that.

2 Likes

Case in point–Greenport, NY, population about 2,200, has had at least 50 cases and 7 deaths already. It’s a hot spot on the North Fork of Long Island. The residents are screaming for more test kits, but the NY Dep’t of Health has to ration the available kits to those people who’ve been in contact with a confirmed case. Aaaarrrgh!

1 Like

Yep you are correct. I saw a copy of the graduation list in some publication and dumpf didn’t graduate with ANY honors.

1 Like

President Skanky Putin Whore has a brilliant conservative mind and is a christianical messiah who spoke loudly and clearly from His infinite wisdom that this was a chinese virus but that Xi was a good man and that this was a democrat hoax to impeach Him. He promised us a miracle for Easter just like jesus a few years ago and Pastor Huckabee has said that He can suck the virus from 40,000 men and dive into the depths of the ocean to spit them viruses out. Many still believe Him and that the facts are indeed the miracle He promised and that the reality of hundreds of thousands of Americans diseased and thousands dead is a lie, fake and hoax.

2 Likes

This one thing (ACA’s pre-existing conditions clause) saved my life.
I owe the two people pictured a huge debt of gratitude.

3 Likes

Gotta love Borowitz…!

Even the fly would roll its multiple eyes in disbelief at IMPOTUS…

2 Likes

Kinda sounds like the role Trump played on “the Apprentice”.
It was up to the underlings to figure out how to get things done, and if they couldn’t ,…“You’re Fired!” Americans loved imitating that line. So Forceful! Guess that’s why they decided to make him president. :flushed:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip about the Admin2 tab. I’ve been using the worldometer site a a lot. Also, the Virginia Dept. of Health and my local county sites update at least once a day.

Birx has lost ALL CREDIBILITY …Move on !..Her gums are flapping for donnie stupidity

Every time Birx speaks, I picture her wearing a Nazi emblem on her sleeve.

The Administration has simply moved the goal posts again, now conceding that there will be thousands of dead and infected and it won’t slow down for a few weeks. They’ll still try to sell this as a blue governor problem. Ignore these fascists.

3 Likes

“no state, no metro area will be spared”

We know. When it comes to the “plan,” that’s a feature, not a bug. The GOP believes they’ve found their final solution to their impending demographic Armageddon.

“a lot of people who could leave New York left New York” when alerts went out of the increased number of infections…And so we immediately saw cases rising out on Long Island and cases rising in southern Florida,” Birx said.”

Sycophant asshole is building the Republican case against blue America while ignoring Miami International Airport.

1 Like

Summa cum baksheesh

Well, they just claimed that 100,000 deaths is total victory - so you’re definitively right!

Apologies for the characterization, but on top of you not understanding my drawbridge analogy, I think you are also missing the point of my stressing the value of the 18 tons of aid to China. It’s ‘humanitarian value’, while important, is secondary. Had our government understood that borders, walls, embargos, travel bans, and tariffs will never contain certain threats and that some threats are, regardless of their origin, a risk to the entire planet, then they would have done the smart thing and helped China (in a far more aggressive way than a pitiful 18 tons of supplies) or the WHO contain the outbreak in January. Had they done that, the worst calamity of your or my lifetime would very likely be significantly lessened.

The ebola outbreak of 2014, which was less virulent but still a huge world health problem, was successfully contained by, among many other things, a very aggressive effort by the US in West Africa. Don’t you remember the incredible hysteria and political uproar around bringing a few American medical personnel back to Emory Hospital in Atlanta for treatment? Those and many thousands of other international front line responders attacked the outbreak at its source, saving the world from a horrific fate. With COVID-19, Trump and his brainless acolytes treated its origins as a problem affecting people we shouldn’t care about because they are enemies of MAGA. This over-simplistic viewpoint wins brownie points with his, yes, moronic base, and that’s all that matters to our moron-in-chief. Clearly, that perspective could not be more self-damaging…and it’s a never-ending, ongoing problem.

Regarding the drawbridge analogy…I presume you see that US foreign policy has shifted very, very radically in the last 3.5 years and that our involvement in the world beyond our borders has contracted almost completely. It’s shifted just as radically within our borders too, and it’s all for the worse. Our federal government no longer helps anyone anywhere unless it pays direct emotional, political, and/or financial dividends to Donald Trump. This has utterly ruined our country’s hard earned and premiere reputation as the greatest nation on earth. It’s taken 240+ years to build that reputation and Trump & Co harnessed the power of irrational fear of the other to win power, pull up all the drawbridges and light the moat on fire. Medieval thinking by medieval simpletons fearing medieval threats. That’s never been effective at defending against plagues, or most other things, so here we are.

Pelosi knew going it would endanger the Democratic majority in the House and it did. But she also knew she had to support her president and his goal of affordable health care. Biden will build on it even if has to be through Executive Orders, and the occupant wants to destroy it, which will be oppo ad #750.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available