Bill de Blasio Calls Out Hannity For Fox News ‘Charade’

Fox News’ Sean Hannity had a surprising guest on Wednesday evening: Democratic presidential hopeful and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1241259
1 Like

Let’s see blue collar man take a job at one of those Mississippi meat packing plants.

2 Likes

I’m really not sure which one I dislike most…

1 Like

Democrats would do well to reconsider going on Fox.

The look is just so bad…

Not just as an act of embargo, but it’s increasingly looking like the act of a bottom feeding loser in this race.

3 Likes

Hard-earned money, eh? Yeah, I guess getting down on your knees and blowing Roger Ailes is probably hard work. But it ain’t coal mining, patching streets or working in a steel mill…

2 Likes

After years of traveling for work, and being forced to watch FOX at all those hotels at Breakfast, why would I watch a video clip at TPM?

4 Likes

I’ll be honest - I was on a short hop plane between Milwaukee and Minneapolis last night and one of my fellow passengers had this on their monitor - the Hannity thing with de Blasio. I knew this wouldn’t go over well over here, but if Bill called Hannity out for anything, it was worth the time.

Of course, I’m sure the only impact there will be with it is to torpedo Bill’s presidential candidacy and nothing else will happen.

3 Likes

I don’t watch him either but there is value of having this clip.
As a New Yorker who like many doesn’t have a lot of love for the mayor but am pleased with many of initiatives I am glad he went toe to toe and called out Hannity.
When De Blasio said that the standards were lower when Hannity passed the police exam he was quite correct. In the 70’s when I was in high school I took the exam as kind of a fluke. I didn’t quite have a career path and I’d figure taking the exam would improve my test taking skills, something important for the SAT exam since there wasn’t the test prep industry then.
To my chagrin I passed it with a decent score without even studying.

4 Likes

Geez, while I agree with a lot of what DiBlasio has to say, who does he think he is, Tulsi Gabbard? At least DiBlasio took on Hannity, unlike Gabbard’s suck-fest with Carlson.

But still, this has all the earmarks of a stunt designed to gain attention for someone who is on track to be excluded from the September debates if he doesn’t get to 2%.

1 Like

" I’m a blue-collar man who rakes in millions trading soley on my ignorance. I can barely make the payment on my 3 houses and 6 cars. I have to wait a whole 20 seconds for the doctor to see me. Don’t I have a lawn that needs mowing just like Joe Average? How dare you question my credentials."

1 Like

Funny you’d cite three jobs no one does anymore.

This whole exchange reminds me of a famer’s proverb: “If you insist on wrestling with pigs, don’t complain about the mud on your clothes.”

1 Like

Hannity declared himself a “blue collar” man…

The only good thing about Hannity’s false claim is that it reminded me of this lovely song: