Big Turnout As Early In-Person Voting Starts In Georgia | Talking Points Memo

ATLANTA (AP) — The chance to cast ballots on Georgia’s first day of in-person early voting Monday had thousands of people waiting for hours to make their voices heard.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1337976
1 Like

Has Kemp started the mass arrests yet?

17 Likes

He is likely activating the GA National Guard now.

11 Likes

POWER.

Using it

OURS

26 Likes

Even if there wasn’t a pandemic, the hoops Republicans insist on making people jump through to vote is disgusting and for that alone should be voted out. All of them…every…last…one.

45 Likes

“We’d prepared as much as we could, but there’s only so much space in the rooms and parking in the parking lot. We’re maxing out both of those,” Cobb County Elections and Registration Director Janine Eveler said. “People are double parking, we have gridlock pretty much in our parking lot,” she added.

“Sadly,” she continued, “the county lacks any other buildings or facilities with larger parking lots. We are a simple, humble people.”

14 Likes

I think this is what is going to happen nationally. I bet the Republicans are shitting bricks. This kind of early voting is good news for Democrats. They are getting their people to the polls.

43 Likes

That will be me in a couple of days. I requested an absentee ballot. It arrived. The nonsense that Republicans will attempt to nullify my vote through the legal process means that my absentee ballot will be relinquished at the polling station when voting in-person.

I never expect people to share my thoughts and motivations. But I will declare –it looks like people may be just as sick of this perpetual Trumpian bullshit as I am.

33 Likes

It looks as though people have been made even more determined to make their vote count. I’d say this is good news!

14 Likes

You misspelled “cinder blocks”.

32 Likes

Republicans are natural born bullies. Every one of them. Fueled by power and power alone.

17 Likes

I don’t see too many likely Trump voters in that photo.

Very encouraging.

18 Likes

Trump may have energized the electorate in ways that were thought as impossible a scant few years ago.

When a Dictator appears and takes over your Government, that’s educational.

28 Likes

Georgia On My Mind!

12 Likes

I was going to vote by mail but instead voted in person 13 days ago. It was good. What I find funny is Trump pushed so hard on mail-in he may have driven early in person. Guess who are flocking to vote early.

23 Likes

Think bigger…

16 Likes

Can’t stop fortitude.The GOP threw down the gauntlet and the folks have picked it up.

37 Likes

e4
The smell of fear is in the air.

10 Likes

The photo is from Decatur, GA in Dekalb County. That city is practically a ghost town for Republican voters. Funny thing: the Republican Party of Dekalb County rents office space that is probably the loneliest place in the whole world, after the store that sells cat milk smoothies.

9 Likes

Is this voter suppression or vote enthusiasm? I seem to lean toward voter enthusiasm. Did the state mandate onerous restrictions on the counties limiting the number of early voting sites? Or were the counties completely overwhelmed by the number of people that wanted to vote early today? I hope this is what a blue wave looks like. :ocean: :ocean: :ocean:

20 Likes