Biden Uses Republican Heckling To Strong-Arm Them Into Dropping Demands For Medicare, Social Security Cuts

25 Likes

Biden used the moment to call BS what it is. MTG’s outburst just added fuel to the fire about who is running the GOP house. I expect news of her presenting her list of demands to McCarthy soon.

KMac really has his hands full - and has to make a hard decision or die of 1,000 cuts. MTG really screwed up last night by humiliating her boss, showing her colleagues that Kevin doesn’t matter. I don’t know how he can just roll with this, saying it’s just “Marge being Marge.”

9 Likes

This was classic Joe Biden “underpromise & overdeliver” wrapped with a bow.

The incivility, snarling and heckling from the Republican caucus was revolting, but now the norm, and the President wrapped them around the bedpost and snapped them off short! Now what for the GOP caucus in the House?

It was as much of a Springsteen performance as you can get from our oldest President, and at least the “concerned” media has had a wrench thrown into their endless “Democrats are worried” narrative for a day or two to report the facts we see with our own eyes!

20 Likes

Exactly, and you gotta love Joe’s “I’ll see you at the groundbreaking!” quip. I guffawed!

22 Likes

I feel sorry for Biden. He has to find a way to deal in good faith with people who have dedicated their party to filthy lying hypocrisy .

8 Likes

I thought it was a great speech, but I only read the transcript afterward. Does anyone in this celebrity-obsessed, distracted culture actually listen to, or read, the SOTU??

1 Like

Using whack-job Republican heckling to his advantage was fucking brilliant.

13 Likes

Best line of the night.

Second place; “Good luck your senior year.”

14 Likes

‘‘Twas a thing of beauty

HUGE KUDOS to the WH speechwriters and debate preparers.

I suspect this was Ron Klain’s swan song. Does anyone see his fingerprints?

7 Likes

Riga: “a policy negotiating win in real time.”

6 Likes

President Joe Biden proved who he is. Speaker Kevin McCarthy proved who he is. Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene proved who she is. PERIOD.

14 Likes

What other choice does he, realistically, have?

He’s already come out with support for her that one would have for a spouse. He’s ride or die for her and no one quite knows why.

Or do they?

8 Likes

Looming in the background was Trump, when McCarthy started his push to be voted in to be Speaker.

He never had the talent to do anything opposing Trump.

The crazies were Trump’s representatives.

3 Likes

Since a public apology from Mike Lee is unlikely, I think a demand for a public apology is in order. Every interview should begin with Lee’s tape telling donors that he will kill Social Security and Medicare followed by him calling the POTUS a liar in public. I know that the GQP relishes their rule as the rudeness party but Chuck should demand it on the floor of the Senate forthwith.

21 Likes

Props for the WKRP reference.

7 Likes

the media…like so many younger people, underestimate ‘old’ people…forgetting that men& women, like BIDEN have lived along time, and this is not his first rodeo…he has survived it all, somehow…without much help from media types…

10 Likes

i listened to every bit of it…just could not listen to SARAH HUCABUC…caught a minute of it.she was not weaing pearls.

5 Likes

Nice moment. But you can’t negotiate with a terrorist because once they get a whiff of weakness they keep demanding more. I should know. Ask my divorce attorney.

3 Likes

I am pretty certain that that the MAGA caucus of the GOP House is discussing removing McCarthy from his speaker position already. Would love to be a fly on those walls.

3 Likes

That’s what everybody’s saying, but the Republicans have an easy way to wriggle out. They’ll just say they’re saving SS by privatizing it in some fashion, as McCarthy has already proposed.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available