Biden To Skip Second Major Party Meeting

I have a problem with people calling things “privileged” that have nothing to do with it just because they’re mindlessly triggered by someone being a white man. Setting aside that it’s fundamentally racist and sexist, false positives and crying wolf dilute and undermine the ability to use the concept when it is actually appropriate.

You have absolutely ZERO argument as to why this has even the slightest thing to do with “privilege.”

2 Likes

That’s not in fact true. Something has/is having an impact upon Biden’s numbers…both nationally and in a lot of the early states. He was running at about 40% in mid May nationally, now he is at 30%.

It’s a little harder to see on state level polling, because there isn’t as much consistent polling everywhere. But the trending is quite noticeable in NH, for example…and to a lesser degree in IA.

Sanders took a bit hit when Biden declared, and has held firm or slowly dipped ever since, largely at the benefit of Warren (who is the only candidate that is showing a positive longer term trend). Harris got a big bounce from the first debate, but is on a crash and burn trajectory ever since. Buttigieg got a bounce in May, and has held pretty firmly there, while O’Rourke has been steadily sliding down pretty much since he announced.

RCP puts it in a graph for you to easily see, at least nationally.

Uh, you’re the one stamping their feet over me using the word “privilege”; I think that shows you’re being “triggered” more than anyone. Furthermore, that’s not how racism and sexism work. You can’t actually be either of those towards a white guy due to how power dynamics work and how disproportionately advantaged white men are in this country.

What’s your point? He’s higher than when he started. There’s been some normal statistical noise and one little blip of a spike in the positive direction. He’s been attacked with these identity politics attacks and other crap trying to tag him as fundamentally sexist, racist, too old, too male, etc., FROM THE GET GO…and even before with all the articles and bobbleheads opining about his “issues” before he officially announced.

The point here is that those attacks have not worked overall. You don’t get to claim they did when he experienced a spike in the middle of them and is now polling higher than back in March when he made it official he was running. You can’t just focus on what’s happened since the spike in May, particularly since he sank a bit but then recovered since then…not all the way, but still higher than when he started.

In terms of lead shrinkage, that’s been primarily the result of people, especially Warren, making progress with what’s left, grabbing bigger shares of it as others, like Beto, slide out. Now, it does remain a question whether he will capture the voters supporting other candidates as they drop out…people like Beto and Gillibrand and the rest of the clown car kaboose that needs the pin removed tying it to the rest of the train. Those people are nothing but drag at this point, but there is probably reason to believe that their supporters aren’t going to just flock en masse to Biden or even Warren if Sanders, Harris and Buttgieg remain in the race. I personally think Warren will become the primary repository for the drop-outs’ supporters but we’ll have to see how that plays out.

Not stomping my feet…just questioning a bullshit post from someone who wanted to post bullshit.

And no, you can in fact be a sexist, racist pig because you hate white men. You may not have the power you’d like to exert in order to turn that into oppression and discrimination, but it’s the thought that counts.

You mean a cross-country trip…out and back…had nothing to do with it? I disagree as Biden has been very open about the pace and rigors of his schedule.

Funny, all of the other candidates seem to handle it just fine.

Apparently not, since he’s going to be in NH campaigning instead of attending a glad-handing delegate meet-n-greet with the party machine. Keep clinging to that ageism though. You do you.

Leading in all the polls. What a loser.

you are predicting on what set of facts? or are you just being an anti-biden dick?

He isn’t. Statements like that are completely and utterly false. If you want to rant and rave about your favorite, candidate, have it. But telling straight up falsehoods isn’t going to fly.

Most of them haven’t been attacks. Its been Biden shooting himself in the foot and then defending it.

This is extremely whiney of you…but you do you, if that helps you get to sleep at night.

He’s doing maybe half of the campaign appearances as any of his rivals. His staff are talking about reducing that while the competition builds momentum.

Should I return my license to make a prediction to you or the thought police in my local jurisdiction?

That line graph you linked me to shows him higher today than he was at the beginning of the graph, which is Feb 14th, at which point he was at 27%. He announced around April 24th I think, at which point he was at 29.3% on that graph. The last data point is August 15th, which shows him at 30.5%. You keep cherry-picking to start in May at the apex of a spike that appears to be an outlier and potentially a statistical anomaly. I said he’s higher NOW than WHEN HE STARTED. That’s 100% true according to that chart. Making yourself feel better by picking the very highest he’s reach in what appears to be a statistical or inexplicable public opinion hiccup, so you can claim he’s falling rather than look at the overall trend line, is just dishonest cherry-picking.

He’s not my favorite candidate right now. Warren is, but nice try. What I’m “ranting and raving” about is the ridiculous, petulant, self-deluding blinders people are putting on when it comes to Biden maintaining a very respectable lead DESPITE all their frantic attempts to bring him low by relentlessly attacking him and trying to paint him as sexist, racist, too old and, when all else fails, “no white men need apply.” People need to be realistic and WAY more honest about this shit or they’re going to convince themselves and others that they can’t vote for Biden under any circumstances, which is fucking piss poor judgment and a disaster for this country. Stop thinking in terms of “must destroy all who stand in my favored candidate’s way at all costs.” Just. Stop. It.

Bullshit. I was reading preparatory, pre-emptory arguments and op-eds from the usual gaggle of MSM bobbleheads and from “former campaign employees” for people like Bernie and what-not WELL before Biden made it official, and they are the ones who were dredging up anything they could come up with from 40+ years ago if necessary, all while deliberately and glaringly ignoring his record on the respective issues for the 30-40 intervening years. It was another massive attempt at cherry-picking and trying to redefine his identity to make him unpalatable and paint him as deplorable and unelectable, and it came across as such to a LOT of people, which is why it didn’t work. Has he had a couple gaffes? Yep. But again, the strained and twisted attempts to turn them into something they’re not AREN’T WORKING because they smell like the bullshit they are. Biden the Beloved isn’t going to become Biden the Despised just because you have a longwinded argument about how to interpret a silp of the tongue. Get used to it. But hey, you’ve certainly got the media and TPM on your side, because they’ll do anything they can to focus in on whatever gaffes occur instead of what’s important, so you’ve got that in your favor…and maybe it’ll hand us another Trump presidency, because won’t that be sweet when at least we don’t have the sexist, racist, too-old white man Joe Biden as POTUS?

There’s nothing whiny about it. Pointing out that the attacks aren’t working is a call for the people so deeply invested in that strategy to maybe wake the fuck up and cut the crap, because at some point, you’re not helping anyone other than the GOP by continuing to try to tear him down and tear him apart.

I think her point is that this was precisely not the case–that the media are mistakenly equating “independent” voters with “moderates.” Independent voters are not middle-of-the-road, policy-oriented folks who respond to milquetoast Democrats. As she points out, the Democrats who ran towards these mythical policy-oriented moderates were pretty much the only ones not to benefit from the Blue Wave–McCaskill being the prime example. The big thing that favored Dems was “negative partisanship”, i.e., hostility towards Trump and the GOP. “Independents” responded most to those candidates who were very clearly partisan.

2 Likes

Grow up!

Well, you’ve gotta admit, Stevie Wonder does have great pipes.

1 Like

guess away.

The only health prediction which appears to be correct is the one which holds that Trump has dementia.

Oh FFS. I didn’t pick the day he officially announced, he did. Get the fuck over your sorry ass.

I am done. You’re in argumentative asshole mode, and I don’t have the time nor patience to deal with your screeds today. Come back when you want to have a more reasoned discussion.

I said you were cherry picking the high point, to measure going forward from there, which would be conveniently downward, not that you were cherry-picking the date he announced.

And I gave a perfectly reasoned discussion, relying on the data points on the graph and what they demonstrably show in terms of dates and numbers and what I think that means.

Its pure ego.

Biden thinks he’s entitled to be President – because he “sacrificed” his senate seat to serve Obama as VP. And he is doing so despite the fact that he has already lost as many Presidential campaigns as Hillary Clinton. At least she realized that after losing twice, it was time to hang it up.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available