Biden To Deliver State Of The Union To Divided Congress – TPM – Talking Points Memo

That really depended on whether he wanted to keep his car or file an insurance claim.

5 Likes

This is what I was waiting for on this story.

If the girlfriend or whatever had the receipts for receiving the photo, that’s all that needs to be known.

Memphis Officer Texted Photo of Tyre Nichols After Beating, New Documents Show - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

5 Likes

A round up on commentary from the speech:

Commentary on the speech

• “Smart of Biden to start the speech with conciliation and working together,” The Washington Post’s Henry Olsen wrote.
  • “Biden made perhaps the best speech of his presidency. The heckling from Republicans only helped make his points,” The New Yorker’s Susan Glasser tweeted.
  • “Joe Biden sparring with the crowd and winning wasn’t something I expected,” Adam Kinzinger, a former Republican representative, said.
  • Biden’s message — that he’s delivering the infrastructure spending and economic nationalism Donald Trump promised — is a potent case for re-election, Ross Douthat writes in Times Opinion.
  • “What did he say on abortion that was new, powerful, energizing or reassuring? Nothing,” the writer Jessica Valenti tweeted. “It came across as an afterthought.”
  • Biden spent the most time discussing the economy, according to NBC News, followed by infrastructure, policing and taxes.
7 Likes

It was a planned hit is what it’s starting to look like.

5 Likes

This showed up on my SM memories this morning. Still appropriate:

3 Likes

Long time ago, I had a project in Milwaukee. The client-side lead I was working with was a young woman. Single parent, raising the child that came from the marriage. She was divorced from a Milwaukee police officer. He was harassing her with the assistance of his fellow officers on a regular basis. She was afraid to report it because she knew the retribution would be bad.

I don’t want to note that both of them were white, but they were. He was clearly one of the bad ones, just like what happened here with Tyre. I don’t know the end of her story (it’s more than a decade ago).

2 Likes
3 Likes

To paraphrase - “you didn’t just crap in front America, you crapped on America.”

2 Likes

Wot? It wasn’t the Hate of The Union?

The people around her are trying to hide, pretending they don’t know her. h/t Dylan

2 Likes

I’m not sure at all how appropriate that is. If Americans are actually losing something that affects their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, it’s because the Democrats have lost. Selfish, greedy and cruel republicans, backed by big money, have won.

They have to work together. Sure, the Dems have a few, like Manchin and Sienna, who are holding back real progress. But as a whole, Dems really want what’s best for everyone. And believing that ridiculous sentiment is only going to lead to worse outcomes if people don’t vote. They absolutely share responsibility for what does or doesn’t happen!
Good grief.

Oh, and fuck that effing female clown.

4 Likes

So who is that actually supposed to be? Greek mythology? Danae perhaps? Just curious.

1 Like

Fuck her and her agenda-driven bullshit. Nothing more needed to be said. He told the GQP to go fuck themselves and moved on.

8 Likes

You’re not alone, millions agree with you.

Yes, yes, here JFK moment…

1 Like

Biblical. Whore of Babylon I beleive

2 Likes

“Governor, you’re no Jack Kennedy.”

h/t Lloyd Bentsen

2 Likes

Lebron had the 3 pt. shot. Not a real record. That what I say when I get lower on my College’s all-time scoring list anyway.

Yes, indeed.

1 Like

Thanks. Funny how men never get accused of same, rather, get slapped on the back and attaboy’d.

1 Like

Was she one of the Whores of Perception?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available