Biden Team Searches For Ways To Make More COVID Vaccines And PPE | Talking Points Memo

With the effort to vaccinate the country running up against capacity constraints, the Biden administration is searching for ways to boost the country’s ability to produce and deliver large quantities of the two COVID-19 vaccines currently on the market.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1357009

An unspeakable person.

A patriot.

24 Likes

Simple. Set the way-back machine for January 2020, tie T**** up in a closet with a bushel basket or two of hamberders, and get to Presidenting the way it should have been done. Competently and honestly.

12 Likes

Hard not to wonder how many dead Americans would be alive and well if the government had governed at all since then. I hope eventually we’re able to come to grips with that.

14 Likes

I assume the Republican/Fox/OAN/Russian Bot coordination team has a day marked on the calendar where they’re going to start trialling the spin that Biden is incompetent on the COVID issue and that he’s wasted the ‘good work’ Trump did.

5 Likes

“But meet me at the Dubliner by Union Station and if you’re buying, I’ll be happy to share my thoughts about that b…”

5 Likes

Not being a person who thinks revenge really is ever worth it, I hesitate to admit that I have spent an unhealthy amount of time imagining what would happen if all the people who have lost loved ones to COVID realize that it was the criminal negligence of Trump and his GOP enablers that led to their loss. If the people who spend their lives terrorizing others, and occasionally taking out a Gabby Giffords or two, end up being the object of a million private vendettas. Marcus Aurelius would be ashamed of me, but I just can’t stand their impunity.

13 Likes

Go big.

I really like the idea of using the Defense Production Act, together with the federal military and National Guard to set up mobile hospitals and administer vaccines. Not only would the deployment of personnel and materiel provide a great boost of competence and confidence – it would demonstrate to the “all government is bad” types what institutions can do with good leadership.

13 Likes

I’d put money down that it’ll be a little sooner than realistically possible.

2 Likes

Given that the Q-morons are ambling aimlessly, looking for new meaning and purpose, who knows what might happen? We live in the age of whatever is the evil twin of a miracle.

3 Likes

Horrible, horrible people.

7 Likes

SIX

Look away, look away, look away Dixie land…

13 Likes

They’ve already started that. I saw some dumb ass meme floating around yesterday quoting Biden as saying there is nothing that he can do to change the trajectory of the virus.

5 Likes

Wow. How utterly awful. Two suicides? I keep thinking there are very big revelations to come.

13 Likes

Two suicides. I don’t know what the average is for an insurrection but that seems sadly noteworthy.

11 Likes

I saw him saying he didn’t say he could end it in two months. But it doesn’t sound like Biden to say there’s nothing he can do.

6 Likes

Starting with:

• Defense Production Act.
  • National Guard Mobile Vax Units.
  • $1.9 Trillion Pandemic Relief Act.

And as long as we’re going big:

• DC Statehood.
  • Expanded SCOTUS (and federal bench at all levels).
  • New Voting Rights Act.

(GOP wants to screw around on any of this, then shove the filibuster up McConnell’s comity hole.)

12 Likes

But what’s the most important thing in the minds of some members of the DC press?

Dumber than the (sack of) hammer throw.

11 Likes

This is what they are asking “two days in a row” like it matters? Holy shit.

Fuck the fucking olympics.

11 Likes

Because the wing nuts are always known to source and verify their memes.

1 Like