Biden Taps Campaign Staffers For WH Counsel And Other Senior Positions | Talking Points Memo

President-elect Joe Biden on Tuesday announced that several alumni of his presidential campaign will take on senior positions as soon as he enters the White House in January.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1345097
1 Like

Remus also previously clerked for Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito

WTF?

7 Likes

The first thing the transition’s going to see is what this administration’s been doing with the government.
I expect them to blanche.
I also think that’s a not insignificant part of why Donnie’s been delaying the transition.

23 Likes

BINGO!!! Ding! Ding! Ding! This times :100:!

15 Likes

Harvard; Yale Law; Cravath, Swaine & Moore – she checks all your favorite boxes!

3 Likes

This!

And it also helps explain some of the recent personnel moves - not necessarily to engage in additional bad acts, but to have sufficiently corrupt toadies cover up what he’s already done.

Also helps explain the bulk order of shredders.

8 Likes

Jebus I hope this idiot doesn’t start a military conflict thinking it will keep him in office!

yeah I know he’s dumb enough, but hopefully there’s a few folks around him that aren’t completely bat shit crazy!

14 Likes

Are those shredders Ivanka trademarked? Or are they from a Trump Org’s LLC and we the tax payers are renting them, a nice price?

6 Likes

That was my first reaction, as well! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I don’t have to read that to know Trump is desperate for some big thing that will make people want him to be president again. He doesn’t really understand elections he doesn’t win; that just doesn’t compute, for him. He also finds it too intellectually challenging to remember that if you do one thing, that can affect other things, and sometimes will result in a chain of causation leading to an outcome you didn’t think of but won’t like. Other people have to explain that to him because he’s too GOD DAMN DUMB TO UNDERSTAND IT HIMSELF.

20 Likes

The “My Pillow Guy” seems to be missing from the list.

Maybe Joe’s waiting to nominate him for a cabinet position along with the Goya beans guy.

3 Likes

Isn’t this really the condensed version of his entire presidency? :roll_eyes:

I’m still slightly nervous about all the stuff he’s going to try to burn to the ground on his way out the door…

9 Likes

I know, I’m nervous too. Nothing you can do about it. A lot of savvy folks speculate he’ll go to Florida for the holiday and just stay there. Why try to do his job for the next couple months? What’s in it for him? And really it would be best. The rest of us can get on with our lives. If Trump goes limp flaccid they can quietly tell our friend Murphy to sign the letter already.

14 Likes

Can you substitute flaccid for limp? Thanks

4 Likes

I think we ought to do everything we can to make sure everyone knows Emily Murphy’s name. She is looking for work. I am sure being known as the person who refused to ascertain Biden’s election in time to save thousands of lives from Covid while she is actively looking for her next gig will endear her with lots and lots of employers.

15 Likes

“Hopefully there’s a few folks around him that aren’t completely bat shit crazy!”

Objection, assumes facts not in evidence. I mean have you seen who is advising Trump?

4 Likes

I think he actually understands losing quite well. That’s why he doing all the dumb shit to try and over turn Biden’s win. He knows this is probably his last change to avoid being flushed down the tubes for good. No more foreign banks going to bank roll him any more.

6 Likes

I know, I’m hearing the same thing. And I think that may well happen. Unless, and this is a big caveat, staying there makes him look weak. He hates looking weak. :flushed:

4 Likes

Not sure how that brightens your day but you did ask nicely. :grinning:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

That was hilarious! But you’re nice for doing that…

3 Likes