Biden Signs Sweeping $1.9 Trillion COVID Relief Bill Into Law

President Joe Biden signed his blockbuster $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package, the American Rescue Plan, into law on Thursday afternoon.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1364473
1 Like

Wow. Didn’t set up some major announcement and just signed the bill when it came across.

I forgot what competence looks like.

37 Likes

Via Aaron Rupar

15 Likes

And not a single Republican supported this life-saving and economy-saving measure.

Sad!

But the billboards write themselves…

21 Likes

Can’t even find the photo op. Just went and did it.

Ah, I see from the article there will still be a photo op ceremony on Friday. But the bill is law as of an hour ago.

19 Likes

At some point, the GQP will claim that the Trump presidency was a “false flag operation”.

29 Likes

Good. I was hoping for a WH ceremony. Speech tonight, ceremony tomorrow, own the weekend.

They won’t know what hit them.

17 Likes

What, the lifelong abortionist Democrat who was close enough friends with the Clintons that he attended Chelsea’s wedding?

No way it was all a false-flag operation.

11 Likes

This guy…

27 Likes

Biden Signs Sweeping $1.9 Trillion COVID Relief Bill Into Law

Dammit. The terrorists won.

12 Likes

What do ya think, give him the weekend off?

9 Likes

Très drôle.

29 Likes

Naw. He’s been waiting for this moment for decades. Let him enjoy his time playing president while the real president is off golfing at Mar-a-GoGo.

11 Likes

Hoping that in another 3 weeks or so, we can smother Twitter with “how it started/how it’s going” memes of safer Easter celebrations. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Fuck no. He might play golf or something. Unless it’s golf with Lindseymat, that could be productive.

5 Likes

Dagnabbit! I read earlier this week that if you have your taxes done for this year before the bill was signed then they’ll use your 2020 numbers, otherwise they’ll be using the 2019 numbers. Now, my income dropped a bit last year, so this sort of governmental efficiency is going to cost me a few dollars, how dare he!

/s <- (here it is…)

12 Likes

This is a BFD.

20 Likes

Cue another pathetic

EwJ9IoJXMAYV_Pm

taking credit for the bill.

Perhaps he’ll even do a signing photo op to coincide with its release.

14 Likes

while the real president is off golfing at Mar-a-GoGo.

Telling it like it is! Ain’t nobody puttin’ a mask on me!

7 Likes

If it was structured the same as the last round, then when you file your 2021 taxes, you’ll get the rest of it if your income went down from 2019-2020.

9 Likes