Biden Sets Mid-May Deadline For GOP Infrastructure Counterproposal | Talking Points Memo

This is when it’s nice to have a seasoned politician at the helm.

7 Likes

See? You’re just being sanctimonious.

(What I say when I have nothing to say about the merits.)

2 Likes

Very true but solar power is coming down in cost and I for one do not understand why those who purchase an EV don’t at the same time install a system to power that vehicle if at all possible. The single panel I needed to add to my existing system was under $250. That $250 was what my daughter was spending on gas in a single month.

4 Likes

No one goes there for dinner. It’s too crowded.

6 Likes

Also a double-edged sword

Naw, Yuri is still in the middle cubicle, not even a window, just a couple stalls down from me.

6 Likes

Process has to start somewhere. This is the first Act of the Performance

…The public (NOT THE GOP BASE!!!) demand for this has got to appear in the picture frame…from ping pong ball…to volleyball…to avalanche.

And when I say “public”, I include Governors.

2 Likes

Discobot, display help!!

3 Likes

Gas taxes will become less relevant as more drivers go electric.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: One secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes. — Benjamin Disraeli

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

Clever

1 Like

The damages of Romney’s actions done when he was with Bain Capital are still being felt. They saddled Guitar Center with so much debt they may never recover. They recently filed for bankruptcy again and it isn’t clear how they will deal with their debt problems without closing down many of their stores, laying off most of their employees, defaulting on loans, etc., etc. Romney and his buddies made out like bandits, however.

8 Likes

I asked for Calgon. I got bupkis.

4 Likes

Classic “wind power kills birds” argument against solar. No technology is without some pollution (especially when disposing old/broken equipment). However, I would 100% prefer living next to a solar farm than a coal power plant.

For comparison:

US coal power plants emitted 45,676 pounds of mercury in 2014 (the latest year data is available).

Other harmful pollutants emitted in 2014 by the US coal power fleet include:

• 41.2 tons of lead , 9,332 pounds of cadmium, and other toxic heavy metals .
  • 77,108 pounds of arsenic .
6 Likes

Kills pristine views, more like it.

2 Likes

Mitt Romney is about as much of a “moderate” as Genghis Khan.

3 Likes

“Not even a window”

But he can still see Siberia from there.

4 Likes

The Republicans want a user paid tax? Great, then let’s raise the minimum wage to $15.

Oh, and while we’re at it, since it’s only the ultra wealthy who die with enormou$ e$tate$, they can pay the estate tax!

7 Likes

Mitt’s a bandit and Bain’s the weapon.