Biden Says He Doesn’t Actually Know What Hunter Did In Ukraine: ‘I Trust My Son’ | Talking Points Memo

She’s gotta win down south and she should be thankful that no one is looking at her ‘bins’.

2 Likes

Nobody and that is the point. This is a media generated story. The media has taken the bait and they are going to sink Biden in the process. There was never any there there in either Hillary story, but she was done in by the NYTs and shadows and penumbras. People who think the media leans Democratic don’t know who owns the media. Owners get what they pay for. This time they want 4 more Republican years and they are going to get it.

8 Likes

If you do work for someone, legitimate work, they pay you in a fashion there is an official record of it. Everyone knows the U.S. has laws about declaring income, and paying taxes on it. Paying someone for services rendered with a nearly 3 carat diamond ring is blatantly a method of skirting tax laws. And then for Biden to blithely claim he just gave it away is ridiculous on its face, and something the IRS would call bullshit on in a minute. If someone paid you $5000 for work and you set fire to it it’s still income, you owe taxes on it, sucks to be you you set fire to it. But you can give away a diamond ring, compensation for work performed, and that’s the end of it? And what of the person that received it? What were the terms of the gift? Did they declare it? I call shenanigans.

4 Likes

Sorry, don’t get the reference. What do you mean by ‘bins’?
Honestly, I think Sanders looks like the best of a weak top rank now—and as most of you know, I absolutely loathe Bernie.

2 Likes

This is what I fear if he actually wins and is elected president. About a thousand seats were lost under Obama. With Joe, it could be a lot worse.

2 Likes

Though that moment could be on the horizon, Hunter Biden hasn’t been nabbed by Revenue.

People are falling for all of this tripe. Step back and pause. Trump will doom himself…I have a dumpster set up for all the in-bounds, but this thread has been hijacked by the Doom Patrol.

2 Likes

Aside from the hit pieces (the comb story), what do folks really know about Klobuchar?

Is there something worse that reporters need to look at?

1 Like

That’s part of my calculation. Basically there hasn’t been anything at all negative about her that wasn’t a complete joke.

1 Like

I can’t see Trump attacking Klobuchar for being a bad boss.

Totally unconvincing and bad strategy on Biden’s part. DJT “trusts” all of his minions and uses that as a straw man excuse to avoid responsibility for anything.

1 Like

Check out Josh’s entry in the upper left of the TPM Front Page.

And then contrast that with Today’s Gloom and Doom Patrol.

2 Likes

???

What does innocence have to do with anything? Innocence didn’t prevent Kerry from being Swiftboated. Innocence didn’t prevent decades of right wing smears being thrown at the Clintons. Innocence doesn’t get a Democrat anything unless they can combine it with an effective counter-message to the lies and smears. That is what the Biden campaign needs to come up with, a way to flip the script on Republicans.

This shows some signs of that when he started to use this to bring up the President’s kids curruption, but then he backed off to repeat his point about trusting Hunter. So it is a start, but he needs to work on the follow through.

5 Likes

Are you sure about that?

1 Like

If anyone thinks this story about Joe is bad, Team Trump is set to have a garbage dump on everybody, including Schiff.

My God, such fickle and scaredy-cat people, we Dems.

Just do me a favor and try to act positive for people (on the Dem side) you rub shoulders with. Some people hear rank pessimism and just check out.

4 Likes

Well, I do recall a nerdy campaign ad from years ago when she said… you betcha.

1 Like

k

Michelle Obama.

1 Like

She’s not running and she’s not interested in running, next?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available