Biden Relents And Elevates Supreme Court Reform To His Re-Election Agenda

Because the bandage is pure performative idiocy. TCF apparently played golf on Sunday without a bandage.

28 Likes

I could’ve sworn that prison term was more than three weeks.

12 Likes

And yet, the media are playing right into the lie.

If Biden had a wart removed, we’d be hearing about it relentlessly.

31 Likes

Four pounds of Kotex is not needed for the “wound” we all saw courtesy of @txlawyer. Although a .223 bullet does serious and considerable tissue damage it the target is hit square on.

8 Likes

That is why I said “generations.” It is the right thing to do, even in the face of short term failure.

8 Likes

Trump might literally sell out the next journalist who opposes him to be chopped up by some foreign dictator. And yet the press corps seems not to give a rat’s ass.

Because Joe Biden is three years older than Donald Trump.

The press’s hazy lazy days of summer reporting edition.

60 Likes

Even more ‘why the hell didn’t one of the snipers swing around to look that way?’

10 Likes

Do not forget the “candidate’s” considerable legal baggage.

5 Likes

Bannon has been in three weeks.

5 Likes

I am sharing a few thoughts about where we are, based on assassinations during the interwar period, the 1920s and 1930s. It is distant enough that perhaps we can attend to the examples without too much emotion, and yet close enough to be useful.

We learn that violence that starts on one corner of the far right often ricochets. We find that the important threshold is the enabling of the violence. And we realize is what we do afterwards that counts the most.

27 Likes

I think Kyle Cheney should have left Menendez out of his tweet about the weaponized justice system. Menendez is a crook and deserved to be convicted by any legitimate system of justice. Sahil Kapur’s tweet was much more on target.

21 Likes

That’s a different criminal advisor to TCF. I know, there are so many, it’s hard to keep track.

8 Likes

Buddy, can ya spare a dollar for food? How about one for my legal bills?

4 Likes

I’ve been following politics since the 60s. I think I know what political desperation looks like, and pretending times are not desperate for the Dems at the moment smacks of ….well you know the word.

3 Likes

Of course it’s a stage prop. Now at the convention, members of the cult are wearing kotexes on their right ears. These people are fucking idiots.

21 Likes

I can predict with 100% confidence that he’s going to pull the bandage off his ear to reveal the wound during the speech tomorrow night.

37 Likes

I have a friend who is in such despair, I am struggling to stay emotionally above water. Today she sent me VERY depressing threads from Norm Ornstein and Malcolm Nance (not alarmists) on how we should prepare for what’s coming. Also a long piece by a guy (JVL) from the Bulwark on what Biden should do in terms of the National Guard, DoD, and other major entities to try to safeguard to some degree. Every comment to the Times is begging Biden to step down - from every corner of the world. I have never seen such hopelessness, and I’m not young.

I need a pep talk if anyone can muster one…

21 Likes

According to Axios, a Trump-owned company is selling these for $299. Get 'em while they’re hot!

7 Likes

It’s simple really. When you state that Trump is unbelievable, and that while we know he was injured we only have his word for the exact nature of his injury you are accused of being Blue Annon.

11 Likes

I think the proposed constitutional amendment should introduce national referenda (a straight up vote count with say a 55% threshold to remove) on the federal election ballot – 1st within say 12 years of appointment, then 10, then 8. The out-of-step tyrannical ones would get voted out.

Edited to make clear this is by constitutional amendment.

5 Likes