Biden Looks Ahead After ‘Gut Punch’ In Iowa

After an apparent fourth-place finish in Iowa (with 72 percent of precincts reporting), former Vice President Joe Biden is trying to pivot to the next early voting states.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1289383

Iowa? What is this Iowa about which you speak.

Annnnnd. Go Willard!!! I take back all the temple garment comments.

18 Likes

But a fourth-place finish would be a blow, and take some steam out of his sails heading into another primary state with an overwhelmingly white electorate.

15 Likes

Where’s my popcorn?

Trump’s Twitter feed > AEW Dynamite

5 Likes

Good for him! It’s about time he shed the “Etch-A-Mitt” curse and grew a backbone!

4 Likes

El Gales…I was never a Romney fan, but a GOP Senator doing his job in a non-cult-like fashion is heartening.

I truly mean that

For sure, it is certain the Monster will go after him, ever more revealing his clinically insane personality.

The man is Insane.

13 Likes

AEW?

2 Likes

Rasslin

2 Likes

I just watched it and he was twisted big time.
imagine, they got 1 with a soul.
hope it’s catching but I doubt it

3 Likes

Trump had something to say about Romney before, but tonight… tonight is going to be glorious.

11 Likes

Ah. I looked it up but wanted to be sure that what you meant.

1 Like

Again, a tighty whitey state, with an embarrassingly archaic caucus system.

Nothing to see here…

3 Likes

“His campaign is hoping to survive Iowa…”

Narrator (barely suppressing exasperation): “It did.”

11 Likes

Biden won’t be affected much by the fourth place in IA but that Clinton/Harkin example is inappropriate.

I gotta git, but we’re about to find out about the divide inside this cycle’s electorate.

3 Likes

But 49% approval today. We have to knock that down. How is it even possible?

3 Likes

I still say a Biden Harris ticket walks a way with it. On the other hand a Bloomberg Harris ticket might work too. I’m not sure if Biden was gut punched at all because bottom line, Bernie lost.

9 Likes

I can pull up '92’s NH results.

Bubba finished 0 and 2, and still won the nomination.

Anything is possible between now and 2/22 (Nevada), but the '92 Iowa result is relevant.

8 Likes

How so? Was IA even competitive in 1992? Serious question, cuz I wasn’t born then.

Harkin was the native son in Iowa, but above are some of the #'s, before Bubba’s breakthrough.

1 Like