Biden Doesn’t Spare Manchin, Sinema In Reconciliation Remarks | Talking Points Memo

fuckers.

Yeah, I started thinking about that after I posted… we are truly screwed, the good thing is that I only need to live here five more years at most.

2 Likes

Only way to do it is if he resigns with resignation only effective on confirmation of a successor.

3 Likes

Earth? Because a lot of the screwedness extends everywhere.

4 Likes

Better a SCOTUS nomination that will pass the Manchenema bar now, than having no chance at any nomination that would be even remotely acceptable to Dems if the R’s take the Senate in the midterms.

Bird in the hand, and all that. It’s depressing that this is about not slipping any further behind, instead of actually making gains on the court. But maybe Thomas or one of the others will have an unfortunate cardiac event while Biden is still in office.

4 Likes

I see it now!

1 Like

If there’s a vacancy in 2023 and we’ve lost the Senate, 100% guarantee that MoscowMitch will have zero issues in not having a hearing for two years.

8 Likes

You were directing that “Will no one rid me” at the right person for cardiac-event-inducing missions.

1 Like

Okay, make that two unfortunate cardiac events and include McConnell.

6 Likes

Why wait for cardiac events? Can’t we like pool resources to buy them free tickets to skydiving, bungie-jumping and other activities?

CPAC superspreader events. Slower but same outcome.

3 Likes

Unfortunately all of these ones have been vaccinated. They don’t practice what they preach.

7 Likes

True. And one of the places I am considering is even more screwed up. But since Trump got elected, it’s just that I don’t feel like I belong here anymore. My Trumpard neighbor across the street moved in last year, we haven’t crossed a word yet, not even “hi”.

2 Likes

Part of Elon Musk’s “Mars Squad”?

1 Like

Mars Needs Women

3 Likes

I hate feeling so pessimistic, but I don’t have much hope Manchin and Sinema will ever go along with filibuster reform. And they’re going to doom the Democratic Party with their current posturing. It’s like neither of them remembers what happened to the Dems in 2010 when it took them so long to negotiate Obamacare and then we had to scrap a lot of it after Scott Brown won Ted Kennedy’s seat. Then the GOP took control of the Obamacare narrative, Dems weren’t enthusiastic about turning out, and we got decimated in the midterms. The only way people will support us if we show we’re making progress along with huge steps towards real change. But Manchin and Sinema’s posturing is cratering Biden’s approval numbers along with the supply chain problems.

6 Likes

Funny how AP’s headline is so different from @thunderclapnewman ‘s even though the mathematics are the same.

5 Likes

You can’t spell rePublicAn shills without AP.

5 Likes

I think what @thunderclapnewman posted was Joe Scarborough’s take on the article. I like it. It accentuates the positive.

5 Likes

Why would they bother? They can use their resources better in other areas.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available