Biden Doesn’t Spare Manchin, Sinema In Reconciliation Remarks | Talking Points Memo

Yeah, a big vat! I’m fantasizing here!

1 Like

She’s a US Senator who is in a perfect position to disrupt the Democratic agenda and delay any progress in the US. I would call that an excellent use of resources if I were Putin.

OT, this flew under the radar this week:

2 Likes

Sinema? Nye kultoorni.

1 Like

Sinema is a fashion plate open for business.

Why do you say that, dawlink?

!

1 Like

You mean Manchin and “another person”?

Slap!

2 Likes

Most people who decry the debt and deficit have no understanding of either or public finance in general. There’s no way to avoid debt or deficit in a modern economy. And by modern I mean post-1100AD.

1 Like

Many of those people would prefer to demodernize the economy.

1 Like

I find it hard to believe that any of them would not agree to “restore” the filibuster to its original form. The talking filibuster actually fulfills the objective of prolonging debate which they claim is what they want. (Of course, right now, the faux-libuster does the opposite by preventing any public debate on important matters.

So let’s stop saying “alter” or “reform” the filibuster and start saying “restore” the filibuster. What could be more traditional, and dare I say, conservative than that?

5 Likes

Or so they claim. They would NOT prefer to suffer the effects of that. Debt is perhaps the most important invention of the past 1000 years. Rediscovery, really, as it existed in antiquity. Without debt, no meaningful commerce or public works and services, and things are static and miserable. Stupid people believe that debt is bad.

1 Like

What a strange comment. How did you brew that one up?

1 Like

I have a feeling a lot of those folks also have other reasons for their beliefs.

I was recently arguing about public debt with someone online and my counterpart’s statements quickly morphed from “they are making all the interest renting us money” type stuff to central banks are all sock puppets in the Rothschild Banking system.

3 Likes

Ah, yes, it’s the Jews, secretly controlling the banks (Soros!), media (Zuckerberg!) and sausages (Hebrew National!) and laughing at everyone as they do it. How literally–LITERALLY–stupid and pathetic does one have to be to believe this?

My mom has these casual “friends” she sees in the park when she goes on her walks, nearly all of them Trumpies, and they’ve gone on about how Soros is behind it all, even though they know she’s Jewish. Hell, one of them is Jewish himself!

2 Likes

None of these people have very much juice now…there are no consequences to aberrant behavior by the the Senate,the slim majority in the House has transformed it into a lumbering mess…Trump has destroyed the dignity and decorum afforded the Presidency …Biden might as well be chanting Yada Yada Yada for as much respect he is commanding from the people that really run the country. With a packed SCOTUS bent on destroying critical elements of established law, a flaccid DOJ that can’t seem to grasp its role in protecting human rights and dealing with RICO like criminality and the methodic dismantling of voting rights…GOP authoritarianism is a specter threatening our immediate future.

He just hops to it, whenever the opportunity presents itself.

How did our country get so stupid? Only a complete Climate Change catastrophe will deal with our ignorance.
I want to apologies to the next generation for our ignorance and lack of caring about your future. There will be No Normal.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

When I called the guy a White Nationalist he acted offended and said he was half Jewish and half Asian, or something like that, at that point I was mostly ignoring him.

1 Like

I know Trump-loving Jews. I don’t get it. But some people just don’t make sense or are driven by their hatred and demons more than self-interest and common sense. And they breed and raise kids!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available