Biden Confirms Trump’s Devastating Attack That He’ll Listen To Scientists: ‘…Yes’

Democratic nominee Joe Biden on Monday morning bluntly agreed with President Donald Trump’s decidedly ill-advised accusation that Biden would dare to “listen to the scientists” regarding the COVID-19 pandemic if he wins the election.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1339164
1 Like

Next thing we know, Biden will be listening to economists too…

Maybe Joe will also listen to Generals on military matters as well.

55 Likes

57 Likes

I love that.

Joe should make that a new theme, pull tidbits from trump speeches and approve them …

Like when trump said He may leave the county if he loses… Joe: “I approve this message”

Haha

31 Likes

In other dumb shit Trump says news…

18 Likes

…Judd Deere stated that “any suggestion that the President does not value scientific data or the important work of scientists throughout his time in office is patently false.”

It’s true: Donnie started devaluing and denigrating anyone else’s expertise long before he was elected. As witness, the Obama birth certificate controversies he stoked.

14 Likes

Isn’t that just his Twitter feed?

8 Likes

“…yes”

Trump pitched that to Biden on a silver platter, as though begging the former veep to hit it onto the Mass Pike.* Biden pointed in that exact direction and obliged.**

*Fenway Park reference
**Babe Ruth reference

33 Likes

I do honestly sometimes wonder if DJT wants nothing more than to lose the election and retire to his shithole Florida golf club.

I’d be 100% certain of it if he weren’t going to get bigly indicted the moment Biden is sworn in.

35 Likes

We have officially moved beyond bullshit and gaslight into full-blown delusional psychosis.

32 Likes

What’s next? A White House charge that Biden will not be a stooge for Russia?

31 Likes

Quelle Horreur!

2 Likes

This is the money quote as far as I am concerned because he shows he is tone deaf to the suffering, both economic and medical. Try telling the majority of middle class people that the economy is like a rocket ship. We are still in a massive recession that is only getting worse as you fiddle while the relief bill burns.

“If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression,” he continued. “We’re like a rocket ship. Take a look at the numbers.”

33 Likes

So, here’s what has happened.

Trump Cheneys his own face. Trump stood before his acolytes, shot himself in the face, and proclaimed “BIDEN WOULD NEVER DO THAT.”

Trump’s people say “he didn’t shoot himself in the face.”
Biden’s people are like “yes he did, obviously.”
Trump’s people insist “he would never shoot himself in the face. That’s just idiotic. Scientists say so.”
Then, Trump shoots himself in the face AGAIN.

Here’s the sad part.

There are still millions of people who will vote for Trump EVEN THOUGH he shot himself in the face.
And, there are still millions of people who will vote for Trump BECAUSE he shot himself in the face.
And, there are still millions of people who will vote for Trump who DENY he shot himself in the face.

31 Likes

Dropped my ballot off today!
Here’s my “I voted” bracelet on one of my Blue Wave paintings:
Woot Woot, let’s get 'er done!

52 Likes

Scotland is afraid he’s going to retire to his courses there.

He’d better check: I’m pretty sure the UK has an extradition treaty with the USA.

15 Likes

I say it sailed right onto the bus stop @Kenmore Sq.

8 Likes

He is acting really weird isn’t he? As rupar or griffin said, this last rally sounds likes a farewell tour. Or in my sense, someone who just had a chair pulled out from underneath him.

I wonder if his overseas help has cut him off. The numbers are getting to be too big to slip a tweak in.

13 Likes

Trump lobs a pitch to Joe.

And there’s CONTACT!!

it’s OVER the WALL!!!

7 Likes

Oh, the humanity!

1 Like