Biden Admin Searches For Creative Ways To Finish Vaccination Campaign, Including Shots At Sports Games | Talking Points Memo

Vaccine sites at sports stadiums. Free beer with a vaccine. 10 percent off, if you get vaccinated.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1372673

Biden Admin Searches For Creative Ways To Finish Vaccination Campaign, Including Shots At Sports Games

Snipers at sporting events with extremely accurate rifles that fire vaccines into people similarly to how they tranquilize large predators. Maybe use a sub-machine gun and spray the entire crowd. The 2nd Amendment crowd ought to like that.

1 Like

Public health experts say that finding spokespeople who can identify, communicate with, and are credible to specific communities is key to vaccination efforts.

Such a campaign won’t get everyone, but it may get enough.

6 Likes

Just tell them Obama wouldn’t get one, but that T**** did.

4 Likes

It is absurd that the Biden administration faces this challenge, but the correct way to face an absurd challenge is head-on and with gusto, not by declaring the challenge to be a fake challenge or a weak challenge or a beta (sick, and very small!) challenge.

5 Likes

Hit them where it hurts, school aged moms. While kids may suffer the least in this they can bring it back into the home, Reaching out to moms with kids makes sense, protect the child, protect the family.

4 Likes

I heard the announcers plug this on the Orioles v Mariners game last night. They’re going to set up four locations in T-Mobile Park.

BTW The Mariners lost, of course.

5 Likes

NJ is giving free beer to anyone 21 and older that gets the vaccine. You get a voucher to participating Micro Brewery

3 Likes

If these folks get vaccinated then the world will open back up on somebody else’s terms. If they don’t get vaccinated, infection rates will continue to spike, democratic governors will continue to regulate business and church openings, RWNJ’s can continue to righteously claim their freedums are being taken from them. Folks can’t justify kidnapping recalling a governor unless said governor is taking away their socialized daycare child’s educational future.

But the prospect of free beer will make it a tougher decision.

3 Likes

How’s Tud Nugget’s COVID recovery going? Maybe the Tudster could be cajoled into making a pro-vaccine spot on FUX and ONAN. “See, it’s like this, Mr. Nugget. How much do you want this oxygen…”

4 Likes

The problem here, and it is an intractable one, is there is a percentage of people who insist it is their god given right to be stupid and endanger the rest of us.
Drop the fuckin’ mike.

5 Likes

We have a bunch here, too. Can we ship ours to you?

1 Like

Krispy Kreme started giving out a free donut per day to anyone that was vaccinated here in CA…that kind of thing will get some people. When certain things open they are going to require vaccinations to go in, or make it better if you are vaccinated…the Dodgers have opened up “vaccine sections” at their games, and my university is going to require everyone on campus to be vaccinated unless they have an actual medical issue (religious objections won’t be allowed). Those kinds of restrictions will get some people too.

The core that refuses may just learn the hard way why vaccines are a good thing…when the media starts reporting that the percentage of sick/dead in X state is higher because they haven’t vaccinated it will have some effect. Of course, that effect may be some people die, but the people saying that their freedom is more important than being vaccinated against a deadly disease say they are willing to accept that outcome, so they may get what they wish for.

5 Likes

In the end, it’s going to be market forces that do the convincing. Highly vaccinated areas will be the first one’s to see tourism returning. Airlines will require proof of vaccination in order to raise public confidence in their services. The cruise industry will likewise require proof of vaccination from it’s guests and employees.

Now if the hotel industry does the same, it will be gun show organizers pleading for people to get vaccinated.

4 Likes

Just got my second dose today. Boy was it a smaller experience than last time. I went to the same place and this time there was no line to get checked in, then walking to the room where the jabs are given I noticed in the recovery hallway a handful a people biding their time. Once in there were more healthcare personnel than jabees.
I was sort of expecting maybe half the people that I stood inline with for the 1st jab would be here for the 2nd jab. And of the three of us getting our jabs I believe it was 2 for the second and I don’t know for the third.

4 Likes

I’m not sure about your assumption. My first shot was during a time when things were still somewhat tamped down, as opposed to today where most things are open. Just caught the local news and restaurants are having a problem with hiring staff and getting supplies. I didn’t hear anything about crowds coming in.

1 Like

OY! Lays head on desk. They’re everywhere even in traffic (ever seen a socially distanced car at a stop light? I have). The stupid is strong as is the derp.

3 Likes

Yes. It is too early to see the effect right now. But it will become apparent once the school year ends.

Airlines will note that travel numbers are down, but road trips are on a dramatic rise because vaccinated parents do not want to expose the kids to airplanes full of non-vaccinated passengers. The airline industry will then impose the vaccine requirement to gain back business.

Cruise ship operators already know that a large chunk of their clientele approve of vaccination certificates for all onboard. Hell, Disney just gave DeSantis the finger in stating they will maintain mask requirements and other restrictions on their grounds for the time being.

Just watch. Come July there will be certificates required for air travel and while air travel to destinations with high vaccination rates will increase, they will flounder where they are low and infections persist.

2 Likes

I think MO just voted to ban vaccine passports, but I’m not sure how that will work. Also I think it was yesterday I stated I like wearing my mask. I will continue to wear my mask. What I don’t want to see a return to is crowding, standing in lines with people too close to you, inside or outside.

4 Likes

Give a speech railing against the vaccine & threatening to outlaw it by penalty of death & the anti-vaxxers will be crawling over each other to get it.

1 Like