Barron Trump’s Private School Remaining Closed As Prez Pushes For Reopening | Talking Points Memo

That is just so cool. I’ve had other friends who didn’t have that kind of experience. That makes me really happy.

2 Likes

So what would the midface do?
After the 2016 election I checked out 2 plastic surgeons. To my surprise, it’s cheaper than real surgery. (had an op 3 yrs ago that if I hadn’t had insurance would have been $65,000)
But it is really such a gamble. No one here gets procedures done, so there is no local network where you can see the finished product. I’d do cheekbones, but it always seems like it’s too drastic. I’d refinance my house if I could look like this:

3 Likes

I hear that. But it does take courage and I really am not sure I have enough.

I’'m not sure I have enough money either. Work like the models and actresses have done is easily 75,000. I was out around 10,000 simply for the eye job. But that is NYC. You can actually pay much much more than I did here.

2 Likes

Yeah, and I always thought they were ugly as hell. After looking them up, I never realized that the heel was lower than sole by design.

6 Likes

You know if we’re all living in this Trump produced shit show he is sure falling down on producing new shit for us to kvetch over this Sunday, it’s been 4 hours without a new news story.

(I do not blame TMP, they have to work with what Trump has given)

2 Likes

I can’t describe the midface procedure well without going back and finding the description on my other computer - I can’t remember the surgeon’s name. But it’s a lift done in the center of the face rather than taking all the skin off the bones and repositioning it. You have to qualify and he’d likely tell me I need a full face lift.

I had an appointment with my dermatologist in April for a full face thermage, which is something I’ve done partially about 6 times. She shoots thermoelectric energy through the top layer of the skin to the collagen layer and it fries it and makes it swell and then in about a month you start replacing that collagen with new collagen. It works best if you have thin skin like I do. It’s very subtle, but I still have my jawline. A full face is spendy. I had to cancel - my required advance payment is good until next year - I asked if I could please have a year given the circumstances.

@26degreesrising - I had a blepharoplasty when I was 38.(after I quit drinking - one reward I gave myself.) I bruise easily as well and yeah that part sucked. But I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

"But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you…
…and loved the sorrows of your changing face "

WB Yates
“When You Are Old”

7 Likes

I think they always tell you you need a full lift.

Or maybe that’s changing. Women hated the way cosmetic surgeons hard-selled them so much that I think they know their place now. My eye surgeon here is good about not hard selling. I see him now for injectables and he never pushes me toward more surgery.

3 Likes

That fits my husband really well. He actually does like it.

He has said that I can do what I want, but he isn’t enchanted with eternal youth. And I’m not either - I just look at Helen Mirren and think, Yes. I love how subtle hers is and how good she looks without looking fake or weird.

6 Likes

I had that hunch about Mr. Tena.

3 Likes

The British way of cosmetic surgery, I think, is great. Look at Vanessa Redgrave too. And even Maggie Smith. People think she hasn’t had anything done because they think she’s in her 70s, but she’s 85 years old!

I passed Vanessa Redgrave on the street in NY one time. We just glanced at each other and her look said that she thanked me for recognizing her and not bothering her. I expect it was obvious that I did recognize her. But I have to say she was lovely. It was like there was light all around her. I met Alan Bates once, and he had the same thing. Like his face effused light. I think something like that might be what makes movies stars. Besides talent, of course.

6 Likes

DOTUS never got an education. He does not see any value in learning.

4 Likes

O I think so too. Lots of people have talent.

I wish I could meet Viola Davis because from the first time I saw her on screen she was ablaze for me and I bet she is just like that off screen.

2 Likes

Please explain why there are no buildings or endowments donated by Donald J Trump '68 to his alma mater?

ETA:

“The only physical evidence on campus of Trump donating anything to Penn is a plaque on the wall of the Class of 1968 Seminar Room — an aggressively unremarkable meeting room with a conference table, whiteboards, and an overhead projector — tucked into the bowels of Van Pelt library. Trump’s name is nearly lost in the crowd of 27 Class of ’68 donors who chipped in back in 2003. Pretty small beer for a billionaire twice over. Allegedly.”

6 Likes

Naw, Trump will increase his hidden stiletto height.
He would go nuts if his son “beat him” on height.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Never heard of her until you mentioned her. I don’t have a TV or watch many movies and I wouldn’t change back to having a TV for anything.
Anyway, I watched//listened to her talking to Jimmy Kimmel on YouTube. Ten minutes worth. Not nearly long enough. I really like her.
I’d bet she could do great stand up comedy if she wanted to.

1 Like

She just lights everything up.

2 Likes

I’ve said before, she walks like a draft horse. @iamsmall

By jove, you’re right. She does plod like a draft horse pulling a plow (we still have a lot of Amish around here that plow huge fields with horse trains).

Despite Trump demanding full on-site classes for schools (public schools apparently), St Andrews was already teaching on-line, with staggered and limited in-class instruction before they shut down the campus (FYI, tuition about $43K, 11-13 average class size). With staggered in-class instruction, class size would be about 5-7. Masks required. They actually have a fairly robust anti-COVID protocol. I was wondering if they closed the school on their own (with parental consent), since I heard not it was a local decision a while back.

5 Likes

Those are really ugly. Only had one pair and were similar to these with a strap around the back. They were made really well.
Unknown

I moved on to Birkenstocks long ago, so you know where I’m coming from.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available