Barrack Request For Release On Bail Granted With Eye-Popping $250 Million Bond

Tom Barrack, longtime confidant of former President Donald Trump, has been ordered to be released Friday on a bail package that includes a staggering $250 million bond, secured by $5 million in cash — a sum that is among the highest in United States history. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382215

Still not enough when you have sleazy billionaires for friends.

49 Likes

Bye, Barrack.

Both men will have to wear ankle bracelets with GPS monitoring and surrender passports and travel documents to ensure they remain in the Central District of California, or the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York for trial purposes.

I’m predicting this isn’t going to work.

Hope I’m wrong.

58 Likes

The Department of Justice is painting Trump as a victim of Barrack’s chicanery…‘The conduct alleged in the indictment is nothing short of a betrayal of those officials in the United States, including the former President,’ the department said in a statement."

Who knew Merrick Garland was a comedian?

65 Likes

I will settle for bail friday but was hoping for indictment friday.

5 Likes

I really wish Biden had gone with Sally Yates … . If Tom Barrack is indicted for anything, I’ll be shocked. Imagine the team of lawyers his money is buying.

17 Likes

Or Doug Jones.

12 Likes

If Garland’s appointment was supposed to be some sort of rebuke to MM or “shame” him, that’s laughable.

5 Likes

I am sort of hopping Barrack does a runner.

You know, for the optics of it all.

42 Likes

As a prelude to a T**** perp waddle?

15 Likes

Yep, I am really getting fed up with Garland going so far out of his way to be fair to the former guy who tried to burn down our democracy. I get trying to restore DOJ to a more even-keeled, non-partisan basis, but he is starting to seem almost protective of the crooks who ran the show for the past four years.

29 Likes

Barrack hasn’t been released yet, so there’s still time for the coroner to rule it suicide…

(Guard: “I was only gone for a few seconds to get a burrito from the vending machine.”)

57 Likes

I’d be satisfied with a pound of flesh.

4 Likes

The Department of Justice is painting Trump as a victim of Barrack’s chicanery, though Barrack seems a natural fit in Trump’s transactional White House.

Saying this with a straight face as though there is any veracity to it is a very bad harbinger of things to come…

13 Likes

Sleazy billionaires who are also criminals.

8 Likes

What would be really funny is if Trump testifies as a witness for the defense to dispute DOJ’s characterization of Trump’s buddy.

3 Likes

I was reading Barrack’s wiki and it struck me that he is sort of the smart version of Trump. More the business guy Trump thinks he is than the actual reality.

If he decides enough is enough, he has enough places to run to overseas that he just has to decide which versus if.

25 Likes

When I first saw this news, I thought “good f’ing luck in extraditing him, you g-damn fools.”

10 Likes

Definitely not guilty…….

9 Likes

Oh yeah. Trump is the guy I want on the stand covering my back.

6 Likes