Barr On Epstein’s Death: ‘Co-Conspirators Should Not Rest Easy’

Attorney General William Barr, who has said that he’s “appalled” that Jeffrey Epstein was able to apparently commit suicide in his cell over the weekend, repeated those sentiments Monday, adding that any co-conspirators “should not rest easy.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1242022

wink, wink…nod, nod.

22 Likes

[cough] Bullshit [cough]

26 Likes

Senator Sasse said heads should roll. How about we start with you, disBarr! Thread ready to explode with comments in 3, 2, 1…

(Under the word “mendacious” in the dictionary should be a picture of this guy!)

8 Likes

Oh,… thank god… Barr’s on the case… We can all rest easy now…

22 Likes

It is a matter of national and bipartisan shame that every jail suicide is not treated as though it requires a thorough and systemic investigation of the implicated facility.

That said, I wish I trusted Barr as far as I could throw him.

24 Likes

Oh fucking please, FatBarr.

11 Likes

Any co-conspirators should not rest easy. The victims deserve justice, and they will get it.”

So, it IS a conspiracy then? Not just systemic problems and everyday negligence?

10 Likes

I believe there was a word left out of your headline

Democratic Co-Conspirators should not rest easy.

22 Likes

“We will get to the bottom of what happened, and there will be accountability,” he continued.

“Do us all a favor and cut your own head off!”

7 Likes

You lost all credibility, Bill, when you covered up Bob’s report.

15 Likes

The “any co-conspirators” Barr is referring to are the ones implicated in Epstein’s crimes.

8 Likes

“Barriatric.”

6 Likes

Is Barr trying to get out in front of something? Inquiring minds want to know.

21 Likes

Calling out your boss. That takes guts.

LOL!!!

9 Likes

Don’t expect to see tRump’s name brought up. On the other hand, Bill Clinton can expect to be all over Faux News.

6 Likes

“Co-Conspirators Should Not Rest Easy”

5 Likes

Notwithstanding Barr’s lies about Mueller’s Report, why should we take the word of Trump’s Consigliere General aka Cover-Up General Barr?

Cover-Up General Barr has ties that bind to Epstein’s case - his father dubiously employed young Epstein. Later, Barr recused then un-recused himself in the Epstein sex traffic case.

In 1992, NYT writer William Safire referred to Barr as “Coverup-General Barr” because of his role in burying evidence of then-President George H.W. Bush’s involvement in “Iraqgate” and “Iron-Contra.”

Addendum

“We are now learning of serious irregularities at this facility that are deeply concerning and demand a thorough investigation,”

12 Likes

Well, he’s certainly laying it on thick. Everything Trump touches dies, and I’d say Barr is entering the first stages of senescence.

18 Likes

What Barr meant: “Co-Conspirators Should Not Rest Easy (if their name is Clinton)”

5 Likes